Trembley's tirade

Frobby

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issue isn't where Reimold was when the ball went through the infield, it's where he was when the throw was made. I'm not sure if the replay shows where Reimold was then. He definitely was beyond second while the ball was in flight in the infield.

The last replay the showed of the play clearly showed Reimold no more than three feet from the bag while the ball was just landing in play. I highly doubt he couldn't make it three feet to 2b before the CF was able to pick up the ball and make a throw. The umpires screwed up the call.

As for the bunt by Cedeno, I think it should have been ruled that the ball getting hit by the bat the second time was unintentional but that the bat being thrown into the field of play interfered with the defenders and therefore he should have been called out.

The issue isn't where Reimold was when the ball went through the infield, it's where he was when the throw was made. I'm not sure if the replay shows where Reimold was then. He definitely was beyond second while the ball was in flight in the infield.

That is my point. Obviously he was past 2nd or at least on second when the OF threw the ball if he was beyond second while the ball was going through the infield................

That is my point. Obviously he was past 2nd or at least on second when the OF threw the ball if he was beyond second while the ball was going through the infield................

Why, do throws travel at the speed of light?

Why, do throws travel at the speed of light?

There is a misunderstanding somewhere. I didn't see the play but am under the impression that Reimold was at least to second base when the batted ball had was making its way through the infield That being said, in order to score he had to be at second base by the time the OF released the ball. Why would Noland turn around and run to the other side of 2nd base. That doesn't make any sense.

There is a misunderstanding somewhere. I didn't see the play but am under the impression that Reimold was at least to second base when the batted ball had was making its way through the infield That being said, in order to score he had to be at second base by the time the OF released the ball. Why would Noland turn around and run to the other side of 2nd base. That doesn't make any sense.

No, he was beyond 2B by 2-3 feet when the throw came through the infield. He was on 1B when the play started and was nowhere near 2B as the batted ball cleared the IF.

No, he was beyond 2B by 2-3 feet when the throw came through the infield. He was on 1B when the play started and was nowhere near 2B as the batted ball cleared the IF.

Oh ok my fault. Then that sounds to me like it was closer then everyone has said but either way it's the O's so obviously it should have gone their way or its a blown call :rolleyes:

Oh ok my fault. Then that sounds to me like it was closer then everyone has said but either way it's the O's so obviously it should have gone their way or its a blown call :rolleyes:

Now that we are ahead 6-3 I'm hoping it's going to be a moot point.

As I watch the replay, you'd be hard pressed to convince me that Reimold wasn't already past 2nd base when that ball left Gutierrez' hand.

Like I said, the replay clearly showed him to be no more than three feet from 2b and the ball was just beginning to land in CF. He would have had to literally stop and watch the play at that point to not have been able to make it to 2b before the fielder picked up the ball and made a throw.

If I was Dave Jauss, I'd get thrown out for that Cedeno call. :)

Who then would become the manager of the game?

Not to end the mustache jokes, but there wasn't much to argue IMO.

There was no intent by Cedeno

The underlined is not that accurate. He was at least 3/4 of the way to second when the ball passed into the outfield, running at full speed. It's very easy to assume that even without a 100% clear shot, based on where he was both times the camera following the ball's path passed by, that he had rounded second by the time the ball was thrown.

The umpire may well not have seen it and therefore cannot reverse the call once it is made, but that is still an error on the umpire even if accidental.

Like I said, the replay clearly showed him to be no more than three feet from 2b and the ball was just beginning to land in CF. He would have had to literally stop and watch the play at that point to not have been able to make it to 2b before the fielder picked up the ball and made a throw.

I don't know if he was beyond 2B as the throw was leaving Gutierrez's hand or not. My only point was that you can't judge it by where Reimold was standing as the throw reached the infield.

Let's say the OF throws 80 mph -- that's 117 feet per second. A runner who runs a 11 second 100 yard dash (that's probably Reimold) can cover 27 feet in a second. So if the CF was 117 feet from 2B (which he probably was), Reimold could have been 20 feet away from 2B and he still would have reached 2B by the time the throw reached the infield.

Archived