Trembley's tirade

Frobby

I do not think this is correct. The reason is if the runner has to hold between 1st and second because the ball might be caught the trailing runner can't be what determines how far the lead runner advances. It simply would not be fair, IMO.

Pretty sure that the rule states that it is the batter runner that determines where everyone is placed.

I will have to dig up the ruling later, I am about to head out.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Trembley's tirade from Tuessday night for the first time just now. I think that is the first time in a long time I have seen a coach for this team with some fire. It has to make you as a player hold yourself accountable to fight and hustle every time. I would be embarrassed not to for him. I think Trembley is right for this team despite all the bullpen mishandles and the threads to get rid of him.

The fact he is that pissed someone would even consider one of his players wasn't hustling on a play is what this team should be about. He is a good coach. I want to see more of that from him, including towards the players.

Both Lee Mazzilli (chuckin' the bubblegum bowl) and Sam Perlazzo had some "fiery" moments after having their "fire" questioned.

Neither is presently employed as a Baltimore Orioles manager.

This overreaction to his ejection just sounds like a lot of grasping for straws, and something that wouldn't be needed if there wasn't some validity to the complaints about Trembley.

And once again, for the record, I don't want to see him fired before the end of the season, if at all.

Both Lee Mazzilli (chuckin' the bubblegum bowl) and Sam Perlazzo had some "fiery" moments after having their "fire" questioned.

This overreaction to his ejection just sounds like a lot of grasping for straws, and something that wouldn't be needed if there wasn't some validity to the complaints about Trembley.

And once again, for the record, I don't want to see him fired before the end of the season, if at all.

Mazzilli had one defining moment, the bubblegum incident, and I remember thinking immediately after that it was just for show and staged. He was getting so much criticism for not arguing and defended his players that he went out and gave the people what he thought they wanted. I can almost assure you he lost more respect from his players than he gained by that stunt. With DT it's all genuine. DT will often come out and talk to umps and protect his players as all managers do but when he gets really animated and upset it's the real thing. I don't think there is a fake bone in the guys body. The players notice and respect the difference between a show that's put on for ulterior motives and a manager who is out there genuinely fighting for his team.

I saw Trembley's tirade from Tuessday night for the first time just now. I think that is the first time in a long time I have seen a coach for this team with some fire. It has to make you as a player hold yourself accountable to fight and hustle every time. I would be embarrassed not to for him. I think Trembley is right for this team despite all the bullpen mishandles and the threads to get rid of him.

I agree, I'D LIKE TO SEE HOW HE HANDLES THINGS WHEN HE HAS SOME STARTING PITCHING.

I need to type something just so my smiley only reply to this will go through:

:rolleyestf::rolleyestf::rolleyestf::rolleyestf:

Mazzilli had one defining moment, the bubblegum incident, and I remember thinking immediately after that it was just for show and staged. He was getting so much criticism for not arguing and defended his players that he went out and gave the people what he thought they wanted. I can almost assure you he lost more respect from his players than he gained by that stunt. With DT it's all genuine. DT will often come out and talk to umps and protect his players as all managers do but when he gets really animated and upset it's the real thing. I don't think there is a fake bone in the guys body. The players notice and respect the difference between a show that's put on for ulterior motives and a manager who is out there genuinely fighting for his team.

That's a fair point, and I'll agree that Trembley isn't faking anything here.

I was just pointing out that we've seen this before, so to simply praise it without any perspective sounds like we're forgetting the past (or worse, ignoring it).

Let's see what happens the rest of the first-half and the beginning of the second-half before we start seeing this as anything other than what it is: Trembley getting honestly upset at a call and using his anger as an attempt to motivate the team. Hopefully it works.

That's a fair point, and I'll agree that Trembley isn't faking anything here.

I was just pointing out that we've seen this before, so to simply praise it without any perspective sounds like we're forgetting the past (or worse, ignoring it).

Let's see what happens the rest of the first-half and the beginning of the second-half before we start seeing this as anything other than what it is: Trembley getting honestly upset at a call and using his anger as an attempt to motivate the team. Hopefully it works.

Well we have yet to lose a game since the tirade! :rofl:

Archived