Looking ahead to 2010

I've read from different sources that both Taillon and Cole(more so Taillon) have been extremely impressive. I believe it was PG Crosschecker that said Taillon blew scouts away and may be in the Beckett/Porcello class.

I read one report speaking glowingly of Cole, but his velo apparently wasn;t as high in Minny or the Tournament of All-Stars in NC. He's still impressive though.

Griffin is intriguing and I'm trying to get more info on him. He sounds like he has huge 5-tool potential and could go top 5 next year.

It's early, but we could be seeing a legit battle of the young HS players with huge upside vs. the safer college players with less tools. It should be interesting.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Parker. He seems to have serious skills, although he's K'ing at the Cape.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit premature, but with ESPN's latest report that Strasburg isn't anywhere near signing with the Nationals yet, what would we think of a 2010 draft with Strasburg and Harper at the top?

What will this do to the depth of the draft overall and with the Nationals likely to hold the top 2 picks in the draft in this scenario, how far would Stras drop and would the Orioles be willing to open the wallets to sign him?

It sure would make next year's draft interesting with the Greatest Prospect of All Time and The Las Vegas Phenom at the top of the class.

It's a bit premature, but with ESPN's latest report that Strasburg isn't anywhere near signing with the Nationals yet, what would we think of a 2010 draft with Strasburg and Harper at the top?

What will this do to the depth of the draft overall and with the Nationals likely to hold the top 2 picks in the draft in this scenario, how far would Stras drop and would the Orioles be willing to open the wallets to sign him?

It sure would make next year's draft interesting with the Greatest Prospect of All Time and The Las Vegas Phenom at the top of the class.

It would be interesting to see the Nats not sign Strasburg(which would kill the fan base) and end up having the worst record again, so theyd have the top 2 picks and not draft either Stras or Harper because the $$ is too tight. Kinda sucks for them cuz they wouldnt have drafted Storen with the 10th pick if they knew they werent gonna sign Strasburg.

If Strasburg was smart, he'd take the Nats offer, tomorrow is never promised for a young pitcher, especially a young pitcher who throws 102MPH

Archived