Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

Was it a legit sports writer .... or talk radio & a caller?

A baseball writer for the Phila Daily News......(a legit source)

...he was explaining that the big thing missing this sesaon from last season was a consistent closer....

There is talk that Bret Myers might be back in time for relieving in the postseason but its not guaranteed.

So the talk is....a boat load of Phils prospects to the Jays for Roy...prospects to the O's for Sherrill and some O's prospects.....supposedily to take some of the sting out of giving up so much of their pitching....

The O's get some bats and the Phils get some arms.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if he did leave, so be it...I would have preferred that option anyway.Highly unlikely...BRob is worth more to us than any other team. .

Good for you...What kind of cookie would you like? Oatmeal raisin? Chocolate Chip? Something else perhaps?

LOL. You must be so proud of that last line.

Once again, you have managed to create a world where all your assumptions are fact and your incredibly juvenile and unfounded overstatements are poignant.

It's interesting watching someone measure their self-worth thru internet trades and contracts.

A baseball writer for the Phila Daily News......(a legit source)

...he was explaining that the big thing missing this sesaon from last season was a consistent closer....

There is talk that Bret Myers might be back in time for relieving in the postseason but its not guaranteed.

So the talk is....a boat load of Phils prospects to the Jays for Roy...prospects to the O's for Sherrill and some O's prospects.....supposedily to take some of the sting out of giving up so much of their pitching....

The O's get some bats and the Phils get some arms.....

Interesting that McPhail has been asking a top guy & 1-2 others for Sherrill. I'd be interested what the rest of the deal might be.

Maybe the Phils need a Orioles prospect to assist in the Halladay deal:scratchchinhmm:

LOL. You must be so proud of that last line.

Once again, you have managed to create a world where all your assumptions are fact and your incredibly juvenile and unfounded overstatements are poignant.

It's interesting watching someone measure their self-worth thru internet trades and contracts.

And once again you have managed to turn a baseball conversation into one of your petty, caddy personal vendettas as if anyone cares at all what you have to say.

End of the day, i think it was foolish to give him this contract at the time they did...You don't agree..Great, I don't care...move on.

:rolleyes:

Seriously? What was so wrong with him saying that?

Do you get your feelings hurt about AGon as much as your buddy MM did?

Whether you agree with him or not is fine...But that is a valid thing to say.

Christ, I think people on this board enjoy being little old ladies playing bridge and talking about their friends more than they want to talk baseball...Its pretty pathetic.

And once again you have managed to turn a baseball conversation into one of your petty, caddy personal vendettas as if anyone cares at all what you have to say.

End of the day, i think it was foolish to give him this contract at the time they did...You don't agree..Great, I don't care...move on.

Wow you think highly of yourself. My vendetta for what? Some witty remark you've made in the past?

I didn't turn this insulting and personal...you did...because you cannot handle disagreement without being overly-aggressive and insulting.

It's actually quite remarkable you don't see it.

Wow you think highly of yourself. My vendetta for what? Some witty remark you've made in the past?

I didn't turn this insulting and personal...you did...because you cannot handle disagreement without being overly-aggressive and insulting.

It's actually quite remarkable you don't see it.

God, another one...I didn't insult you.. Just telling you how you are acting...Truth hurts I guess.

Remarkable you don't see it.

Stop ruining yet another thread.

God, another one...I didn't insult you.. Just telling you how you are acting...Truth hurts I guess.

Remarkable you don't see it.

Stop ruining yet another thread.

Riight.

I was talking the Roberts deal...you started telling me I was too myopic to see the situation...blah blah blah.

And now you are resorting to the standard "stop ruining threads, nobody cares what you think" line...which use ALL the time.

Why do I know this? Because you spend most of your time pathetically asserting yourself on a messageboard.

If you want to save the thread--you hero, you--don't respond.

Prob will be tough for you...let's see if you can do it.

Riight.

I was talking the Roberts deal...you started telling me I was too myopic to see the situation...blah blah blah.

And now you are resorting to the standard "stop ruining threads, nobody cares what you think" line...which use ALL the time.

Why do I know this? Because you spend most of your time pathetically asserting yourself on a messageboard.

If you want to save the thread--you hero, you--don't respond.

Prob will be tough for you...let's see if you can do it.

Its disturbing that you & SG have derailed this thread with you arguing. I'm actually confused why the mods let it happen. I am intrigued about the Phils for Sherrill.

Its disturbing that you & SG have derailed this thread with you arguing. I'm actually confused why the mods let it happen. I am intrigued about the Phils for Sherrill.

You are right..My bad..I had a response written and decided it was a huge waste of time..both mine and the boards. Apologies to all.

Archived