Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I hate to say it, I think that Taylor is going to stay in Philly. If a Cliff Lee didn't move him, I don't think a GS will either.

Well, you don't know that the Indians targeted him either.

Maybe they feel he is set to be a first baseman and with LaPorta there and Hafner at DH, maybe they decided they wanted to go after other guys.

I do agree that I doubt he comes here but there is at least some logical reasoning to believe he could.

Guest BrettMeister86

I'm convinced, he seems to have a Jones-esque quality to him. I'm down for it, make the call Andy - Sherrill for Taylor straight up. Also, I think it will be nice for the team to have a 2nd young black star especially in the Baltimore community. If we were to get him I'd just try out Snyder at 3B and hope he sticks. The team would be full of young talent for sure.

2B Roberts

RF Markakis

CF Jones

LF Reimold

C Wieters

1B Taylor

1 - 6 in our lineup would be a serious MURDERER'S ROW!

I think Taylor may be more available than before Lee was acquired. They did get Francisco back in the deal. Anyone know if he has any options left? Philly could just send him down to AAA to replace Taylor if he does.

2B Roberts

RF Markakis

CF Jones

LF Reimold

C Wieters

1B Taylor

1 - 6 in our lineup would be a serious MURDERER'S ROW!

I would assume Taylor would be ahead of Reimold & Matt. If it were my line up he would be:D

Also those who dont think the Phillies would deal him ...They could like Brown in the outfield better long term. And Howard is blocking 1B long term.

Wow Taylor is 6'6" & 250 :D

Taylor, Marson, Donald, Carrasco and Knapp for Lee and Sherrill.

If you ask me, the Phils come out ahead there.

And, on top of that, they keep Brown, Happ and Drabek.

I am not saying that they will deal Taylor for Sherill but that is clearly another need for them and since they are going all in now and will still be able to keep their top 2 guys and not hurt their ML team, they may make that deal.

As many as eight teams are pursuing Orioles closer George Sherrill, and two or three are "actively engaged" with Baltimore in discussions, according to a major-league source.

The Orioles expect that the number of teams serious about Sherrill actually might grow once the big-name starting pitchers get traded — or not.

The Dodgers have maintained interest in Sherrill, and a number of their prospects appeal to the Orioles. The Angels, too, are among the interested teams.

The Phillies are unlikely to act on Sherrill now that they are preparing to trade four prospects for Indians left-hander Cliff Lee.

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866498/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz:-Wednesday%27s-edition

The perfect storm is brewing...
The Phillies are unlikely to act on Sherrill now that they are preparing to trade four prospects for Indians left-hander Cliff Lee.

Just not for Philly based on that article ;)

edit: I am such a thread killer.

Archived