Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be happy to see Cabrera if I tune into any of the games, but they could have kept Fahey, Molina, and Hernandez back where they came from, or just sent them home for the winter.

Hernandez should be here, at least as a defensive replacement for Tejada. Can Hernandez be the designated shortstop while Tejada still bats? :D

The most upsetting part is the FO said they were only going to bring 4-5 players up, well they have brought up 4.

There isnt any hope to see Reimold, Jiminez, or anyone worth watching on this team.

I wonder if Hayden Penn even gets recalled.

I guess it will be easy to play the youngsters when you only have 3 that are worth playing (Moore, House, Cabrera).

What hope I had that MacPhail/Trembley would start doing things right has completely evaporated. And who the hell is Gustavo Molina? Do we REALLY need another catcher?! Do they not already know what they have with Brandon Fahey and Luis Hernandez?!

I hope this is a joke. Fiorentino deserves more of a look than those guys, and he doesn't deserve a look either as far as I'm concerned.

I hate this team.

I've been worried about the Trembley/MacPhail combo for a while and this seems to confirm my worst fears. Trembley believes too much in old-school, hustle, defense and "ittle things" and MacPhail indulged Dusty Bakers Nefi Perez fascination. I'm afraid the combination could be deadly.

What hope I had that MacPhail/Trembley would start doing things right has completely evaporated. And who the hell is Gustavo Molina? Do we REALLY need another catcher?! Do they not already know what they have with Brandon Fahey and Luis Hernandez?!

I hope this is a joke. Fiorentino deserves more of a look than those guys, and he doesn't deserve a look either as far as I'm concerned.

I hate this team.

We acquired Gustavo Molina on July 30 off waivers from the Chi Sox.

Another glaring example of the FO caring about the year at hand, and the general perception of the team, rather than caring about the future.

I don't think this says they care about the year at hand. None of the guys mentioned are going to help us this year. I think what it says is that our FO is filled with morons.

Hernandez should be here, at least as a defensive replacement for Tejada. Can Hernandez be the designated shortstop while Tejada still bats? :D
Actually yes, he could, but we'd have to let the pitcher bat. The way Hernandez hits, that might be an upgrade.

I hate this team.

Roch hinted that Trembley was upset about something....maybe it's the people the FO elected to call up. I know I'm upset as hell after looking at that list of names. It's beyond mind-blowing!!!!

None of you noticed that in his blog Roch said nothing about an announcement from the FO, but that he was pulling names off of bulletin boards (most likely this one?)? That blog looked like nothing more than speculation to me...

*still holding his breath for Jimenez, Reimold, Penn and Fiorentino...*

Elliot

None of you noticed that in his blog Roch said nothing about an announcement from the FO, but that he was pulling names off of bulletin boards (most likely this one?)? That blog looked like nothing more than speculation to me...

*still holding his breath for Jimenez, Reimold, Penn and Fiorentino...*

Elliot

I think the bulletin board he's referring to may actually be in the clubhouse, a list of players that are up here for September, not this board. Roch's not going to go and report things he's read on a message board.

Though I wish that were the case.

Archived