Brandon Fahey, Gustavo Molina, Luis Hernandez and Fernando Cabrera among call-ups

Crazysilver03

You all seriously crack me up...

Yes, we are going through yet another losing season. And yes, our team didn't pull through for that .500 finish. And yes, our team is in the dumps right now. But HONESTLY, there is NO HOPE for this team this year! NONE! So what are we going to do? Hope and pray that every team we face collapses and we actually finish with a winning record? No. We are going to let the kids play, which is what should be done.

Many of the posters on here say "BLOW IT UP!" Believe me, I completely agree with you! I have gotten over making excuses for these players that have been signed and are not producing. In my opinion, Miguel Tejada should have been traded. Is Luis Hernandez the shortstop of the future? Who knows! He's only 23 years old! I'll tell you one thing: I'd MUCH rather have him in the field than Tejada, Fahey, or Bynum at this point when our season is all but lost. His range and defensive abilities are much better. He might not hit bombs, but he can get on base. And what wins ballgames, people? PITCHING, DEFENSE, AND MOVING MEN AROUND THE BASES.

Now for the other guys... Earlier in the week, before call-ups were made, someone said (it escapes my mind who, but I am thinking Trembley or Roch) that the only call-ups would be men on the 40-man. Hernandez: On the 40-man. Molina: Claimed off waivers, on the 40-man. Fahey: Misprint kept him on the 40-man from last year. (Ha ha.) Cabrera: Moved to the 40-man, apparently deserves a look. Reimold, Jimenez, etc.: NOT on the 40-man.

(As a big Reimold fan I am shocked, but hopefully he'll pull a Markakis... Remember, Nick wasn't called up September 2005.)

Sorry I had to rant, especially because I haven't posted in forever... But I really couldn't hold it in anymore.

The problem about your 40 man argument is that also on that roster is: Knott, Fiorentino, Majewski, Stern, Johnson, and Penn. Players that could help the team more than the 3 scrubs called up.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put all of Fahey, Molina, Hernandez, Bynum, and Payton in the lineup at once and everyone becomes Clay Buchholz!

Yeah, you just have to laugh at it. No matter who's supposedly in charge, nothing changes with our beloved baffling bumbling Bomore Oreos. I hate to say it, but they are a joke.

I will never understand the logic that comes up with bringing up some of those guys and not finding a spot for Jiminez. When someone has about a 1.1 OPS since the all-star break, at lease give him a shot. It really shouldn't matter who is or isn't already on the 40 man roster, as there is clearly dead wood on it.

You all seriously crack me up...

Yes, we are going through yet another losing season. And yes, our team didn't pull through for that .500 finish. And yes, our team is in the dumps right now. But HONESTLY, there is NO HOPE for this team this year! NONE! So what are we going to do? Hope and pray that every team we face collapses and we actually finish with a winning record? No. We are going to let the kids play, which is what should be done.

Many of the posters on here say "BLOW IT UP!" Believe me, I completely agree with you! I have gotten over making excuses for these players that have been signed and are not producing. In my opinion, Miguel Tejada should have been traded. Is Luis Hernandez the shortstop of the future? Who knows! He's only 23 years old! I'll tell you one thing: I'd MUCH rather have him in the field than Tejada, Fahey, or Bynum at this point when our season is all but lost. His range and defensive abilities are much better. He might not hit bombs, but he can get on base. And what wins ballgames, people? PITCHING, DEFENSE, AND MOVING MEN AROUND THE BASES.

Now for the other guys... Earlier in the week, before call-ups were made, someone said (it escapes my mind who, but I am thinking Trembley or Roch) that the only call-ups would be men on the 40-man. Hernandez: On the 40-man. Molina: Claimed off waivers, on the 40-man. Fahey: Misprint kept him on the 40-man from last year. (Ha ha.) Cabrera: Moved to the 40-man, apparently deserves a look. Reimold, Jimenez, etc.: NOT on the 40-man.

(As a big Reimold fan I am shocked, but hopefully he'll pull a Markakis... Remember, Nick wasn't called up September 2005.)

Sorry I had to rant, especially because I haven't posted in forever... But I really couldn't hold it in anymore.

Yes, we want to see the kids play. But we want to see kids who might actually be something in the future. Luis Hernandez can't hit AA pitching and he's too old for it. What makes you think he'll be able to turn it on in the majors?

If the excuse for the FO really is that they don't want to adjut the 40 man then this organization is without hope, completely. What the F*** does the 40 man have to do with anything.

Is Luis Hernandez the shortstop of the future? Who knows! He's only 23 years old! ...He might not hit bombs, but he can get on base. And what wins ballgames, people? PITCHING, DEFENSE, AND MOVING MEN AROUND THE BASES.

Don't mean to turn this into an 89-page thread about the merits of Honus Hernandez, but:

a) he couldn't get on base with any discernable skill for the Bowie Baysox

b) you win games by scoring more runs than you allow, and that usually entails getting a lot of runners on base and then hitting the ball a long way. Hernandez does neither.

Thank you, I'm going home now... I'll look at the resulting carnage in the morning. :)

Apparently they have also called up a coach from Bowie (as of this coming Thursday). Anybody know anything about this guy? What does he coach?

The Orioles also announced that Bowie coach Moe Hill will be added to the coaching staff when the team returns home Thursday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-osroster0904,0,3337876.story

LMAO!!!! What group of retards decided to call these guys up? Hernandez AND Fahey?

The organization is like a monkey trying to hump a football. I'm not even surprised, this is crap that I fully expected.

It's like the O's are doing their best to try to kill off the remaining diehard fans that they have. They're doing a damn good job, too.

The best part about Molina's promotion is the possibility of what his at-bat music will be at Camden Yards. Anyone who attended Baysox games the past three weeks will certainly know what I'm talking about...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM When Molina would come up to bat and the music would play, it was always fun to look around the ballpark and see the 5,000 laughing faces including both teams' players and coaches!

BowieMike, please tell me that is not a video trying to be serious, tell me this "artist" isnt real. please. Thats really pathetic.

The best part about Molina's promotion is the possibility of what his at-bat music will be at Camden Yards. Anyone who attended Baysox games the past three weeks will certainly know what I'm talking about...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM When Molina would come up to bat and the music would play, it was always fun to look around the ballpark and see the 5,000 laughing faces including both teams' players and coaches!

Thats hilarious. So is this Family Guy clip:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bcprQ3q7XFg&mode=related&search=

I have no idea about the 40-man, I am just going with what was stated previously...

And I do like Luis Jimenez, but I can name another "next coming of David Ortiz" who TORE IT UP in Bowie, was brought up, and was never heard from again... Walter Young, anyone? I know he holds the HR record or something of that nature down there...

Am I the FO? No, I am just a little girl from Baltimore who wishes that her team would prosper, but I have had to look to the minors to see what the future COULD hold, not necessarily what it does hold. And one more thing: In order for us to be able to get excited about September call-ups, we need to scout better and draft better so that we have more Reimolds and Markakises to look forward to seeing.

LMAO!!!! What group of retards decided to call these guys up? Hernandez AND Fahey?

The organization is like a monkey trying to hump a football. I'm not even surprised, this is crap that I fully expected.

It's like the O's are doing their best to try to kill off the remaining diehard fans that they have. They're doing a damn good job, too.

CAlling up Fahey and Hernandez isn't really dumb (playing either regularly would be though), but not calling up Knott, Penn, and to a lesser extent Reimold is pretty ridiculous.

Archived