Draft Watch

birdsncrabs

You have to give the Rays credit.

They've really stepped down when they needed most to do so. :P They've lost 4 straight and 8 of 10 (soon to be 5 and 9 of 11). Of course, no one has kicked it down a notch quite like the Pirates (8 straight losses). :eek:

The Giants are trying to. They have lost their last 4 games and 8 out of the last ten.

Its going to be a battle! :D

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what does a manager who is secure in his job say to his team following a disappointing display such as the one put on by this bunch Thursday night?

I'm guessing Trembley walked into the locker room and started throwing tables and chairs around the room.

"What in the world are you guys doing? Here we have a perfect opportunity to keep pace with the D-Ray machine, and what do you clowns do? You win the flipping game.

Here's the deal. The next player I see hustling - you're out of the game! All you young guys, watch Ramon if you want to see someone who knows how to play this game.

Roberts, what heck are you thinking? You hit a weak ground ball there, and we probably keep up with Maddon's boys. But noooooooooooo, you had to show off and hit a home run - what a bush league move. That's it, forget about playing tomorrow night. Same goes for you Miggy!

As for you bozos who Leo calls pitchers. Victor Z, I give you a job, and how do you repay me? 1 run allowed in 5 innings pitch. Hoey, Cherry, Bradford, and Walker. 4 shutout innings in relief? What, 30-3 don't mean a thing to you guys? Where the heck are Ortiz and Brower when I need them? By the way, Daniel, I mean Fernando, great job tonight. I really thought you could come through and give up those five runs we so desperately needed. Mike DeJean called, he said to let you know that he's proud of your efforts.

Okay, we've got three games remaining down here in Texas, with the other lose, I mean, Victor tomorrow, and Liz on Saturday. Now you're talking.

Okay guys. Go out. Stay up late, get drunk. Come in with a hangover tomorrow. Don't fear, we won't get em tomorrow."

(Yes, this post is completely in jest.)

LOL! Great post 1970.

Made me laugh.

I love it!

In all fairness, by next June, Alvarez and Smoak could be the 3rd or 4th best prospects or lower. There's a whole season of high school and college ball to be played.

Does anybody know where Wieters was ranked going into GT's 2007 season?

Edit: According to this website which refers to BA he was ranked #2 going into this year.

http://buccoblog.mlblogs.com/my_weblog/2007_draft/index.html

DRays lose - O's win. I don't think we'll "catch" the DRays. Looks like we are fighting for the #2 pick now. Florida and Pittsburgh also just jumped ahead of us. If we want Alvarez or Smoak we need to pick in the top 5 most likely...

There are currently - count 'em - eight teams with between 87 and 89 losses.

The anti-competition is intense!

And let's be honest: The Rays have given up 904 runs this season; they deserve the #1 pick!

They have a ways to go to reach the all-time record, though; the 1936 Philadelphia A's allowed 1,045 runs...in 153 games, no less.

Any combination of Devil Rays losses and our victories equaling 3 and we're eliminated from the top prize. But the hunt for the second pick is quite a race...

Team W L PCT GB Rem. Magic

1 Devil Rays 63 92 406 --- 7

2 Marlins 66 89 425 3 7 2

2 Pirates 66 89 425 3 7 2

4 Orioles 66 88 428 3.5 8 3

5 Royals 67 87 435 4.5 8 2

Archived