Draft Watch

birdsncrabs

I think that is what people who don't really care about our draft position don't realize. The draft used to be about signablity. We've seen this year with baseball awash in cash that most teams are going to sign their top picks no matter what. So the chances of a Wieters falling to us at 5 or 6 are even slimmer next year as teams are focusing more and more on the draft to build their organization.

That's the conventional widsom, sure, but lots can happen between now and next June. Like, for example, Alvarez picking Boras as his agent.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the conventional widsom, sure, but lots can happen between now and next June. Like, for example, Alvarez picking Boras as his agent.

I think that favors us, Mustachioed One. I can't see the Bucs, Royals, etc. looking forward to dealing w/Boras.

We have the bread to shell out for Boras clients.

Oh no I was just guessing.

McKinnis because of the Vanderbilt connection? That's certainly a possibility. He was Price's agent, right?

Yes to both questions... It is why I think he'll land Alvarez.

For someone who can arguably be the #1 overall pick being represented by Boras is probably a negative as it might mean no chance of actually getting picked first..

With 4 days of baseball remaining...

The 2008 Draft Order is as follows;

------ Tampa Bay 65/93

2.0 GB Baltimore 67/91

3.0 GB Florida 68/90

3.0 GB Kansas City 68/90

3.0 GB Pittsburgh 68/90

4.0 GB Chicago WS 69/89

If we end up tying with Tampa Bay I think MLB should host a one game "stink-off" to determine for certain who the worst team is. Our scrubs vs theirs. I think we could take 'em. Lose, that is.

Archived