Steve Phillips in "Fatal Attraction, 2009"

beaner

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what's embarrassing is that in that first picture, I thought he was posing with a guy.

I'm not sure if that's more embarrassing for me, Steve, or the woman in question ... :laughlol:

What I do know is that you wouldn't want someone with that lack of control/proclivity to embarrass himself/the organization he's working for to join the Orioles. We're already the laughingstock of the AL East due to baseball matters - do we really want to be the laughingstock because someone in our FO can't keep his hands to himself?

From the letter to his wife:

You see I'm the woman he's been seeing for a while now, and I'm not just some random girl he had sex with in parking lots...

I can't fathom: (a) what she was thinking when she wrote this, and (b) that she thought this would make a difference to his wife.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/21/steve-phillips-brooke-hun_n_328518.html

Read the rest of the letter, it is amazingly creepy.

He supposedly claims to have a sex addiction.
Hell, we all have a sex addiction.

When a lady with 13 kids was on Groucho's show he asked her, "Madam why do you have so many children?"

She said, "I love my husband".

Groucho replied, "Madam I love my cigar but I take it out of my mouth every once in awhile."

The Lifetime Network is gonna love this one. Somebody needs to educate these young women that these things never end well. It's pathetic that you have to hope that a 22-yr-old girl would be more responsible than somebody who could be her father, but there it is.

I was once forced to attend a wedding of a couple who had first gotten together when she was 14 or fifteen and he was her forty-year-old teacher. I felt sick the whole time.

Did anyone read those statements and her letter???

Could an affair possibly backfire any worse?

Like honestly, in the rankings of horrible affair fallouts...this is epic.

I suppose if there was video of someone doing inappropriate things to the family dog it could be worse.

I actually expected to see a good looking girl. I'm hoping she is open-minded in a sexual sense and that's what attracted him to her. The article said his wife is "a stunning, green-eyed blonde" too.

So as not to totally ignore the OP, I can't see how any organization would want Steve Phillips at this point. If his lack of baseball knowledge wasn't enough, this surely should be the final nail in the coffin.

That letter is disturbing as hell. I feel bad for everyone involved. I'm not trying to justify him or what he did but getting mixed up with someone who has issues (as it seems) is dangerous.

With that said I will say no more, I hate how the media has to report this stuff, its a personal issue.

...she called his house incessantly, his wife's cell phone, writes her a letter, stalks his son--in person and cyber--goes to his house, messes up his wall/yard in some car getaway, he gets a divorce, he's put on leave of absence (likely to never return) and then the NY Post writes a story letting the whole world know he has birthmarks near his special place and that he is not particularly selective.

Well played, sir.

Archived