• Xavier Avery
    • Pedro Florimon
    • Randy Henry
    • Steve Johnson
    • Caleb Joseph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the list provided, the only person I could see above Joseph is Henry, and that's mostly because I don't know much about him. :)

Joseph is the type of guy you want in your system. His late season slump really hurt his numbers. That slump certainly raises questions, but the optimist says he was worn down and that it won't continue moving forward.

If he's the April-July Joseph, he'll be a contributor on a major league team in the next 2-3 years.

I guess I'm the only one who likes Avery's upside here?

I like Joseph and think he has a decent chance to be a ML contributor although I don't see him as a starting ML catcher.

Joseph can't touch Avery's upside, IMO. I'd rather have Avery than Joseph.

I go with Joseph. He plays a premium position, has a very good bat, decent pop that should continue to improve and he is a baseball junkie.

Randy Henry has the highest upside of these guys listed though. Im confident he will be a top 10 pick next year assuming he returns fully healthy. Based off of scouting reports, he has 3 above average or better pitches.....But I doubt he will be here yet though if Tony talked to JJ about Henry, Im sure JJ had some very lovely things to say about him.

I guess I'm the only one who likes Avery's upside here?

I like Joseph and think he has a decent chance to be a ML contributor although I don't see him as a starting ML catcher.

Joseph can't touch Avery's upside, IMO. I'd rather have Avery than Joseph.

If someone told you only 1 of these guys will make it to the ML, would you think that guy would be Avery? This is the thing. Sure he may have some good upside, but what are his chances of reaching that upside compared to Joseph?

If someone told you only 1 of these guys will make it to the ML, would you think that guy would be Avery? This is the thing. Sure he may have some good upside, but what are his chances of reaching that upside compared to Joseph?

Is that really the right way to look at it? I mean is Joseph has a 20% chance of being a backup and Avery has a 5% chance of being a starter with a 10% chance of being a backup . . . that 5% is probably worth more even though Joseph is more like to make it to the majors/

I go with Joseph. He plays a premium position, has a very good bat, decent pop that should continue to improve and he is a baseball junkie.

Randy Henry has the highest upside of these guys listed though. Im confident he will be a top 10 pick next year assuming he returns fully healthy. Based off of scouting reports, he has 3 above average or better pitches.....But I doubt he will be here yet though if Tony talked to JJ about Henry, Im sure JJ had some very lovely things to say about him.

It's between these two for me (Joseph and Henry). Kudos for your posts on Coffey and Beal - looks like vindication with Tony's putting them both so high.

Archived