When will we be good again?

CarlWinslow

As the new season comes closer and closer I started to think ... When do you think we will be good again? Good to me means finishing over .500 and playing meaningful games in late August and September.

I don't know if I can keep sitting around and watching the O's battle for 4th place in the AL East again. Doesn't anyone else around here feel the way I do? Growing up the Orioles were a great team and then after Papa Peter decided to can Davey Johnson we never recovered.

Does it bother anyone that some of the most famous Orioles want nothing to do with the team (i.e. Cal, Eddie, Brooks)?

We all love Brian Roberts, but does it bother anyone that he is going to finish his career never having played meaningful game in his career. Before you get mad and tell me I am wrong. Sit back and think about it, you will realize I am right. Everyday he laces up his cleats, knowing in the back of his head that no matter what the he or the Orioles do, they will never finish above 3rd place in their division and that's even a stretch.

How long before we finish above .500 (be honest)?

How long before we compete for an AL East title?

Will the team ever be good under Angelos?

I am truly and O's fan, but I will call a spade a spade and sorry I don't drink orange kool-aid like a lot of people on this website. I just call it the way I see it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the new season comes closer and closer I started to think ... When do you think we will be good again? Good to me means finishing over .500 and playing meaningful games in late August and September.

I don't know if I can keep sitting around and watching the O's battle for 4th place in the AL East again. Doesn't anyone else around here feel the way I do? Growing up the Orioles were a great team and then after Papa Peter decided to can Davey Johnson we never recovered.

Does it bother anyone that some of the most famous Orioles want nothing to do with the team (i.e. Cal, Eddie, Brooks)?

We all love Brian Roberts, but does it bother anyone that he is going to finish his career never having played meaningful game in his career. Before you get mad and tell me I am wrong. Sit back and think about it, you will realize I am right. Everyday he laces up his cleats, knowing in the back of his head that no matter what the he or the Orioles do, they will never finish above 3rd place in their division and that's even a stretch.

I am truly and O's fan, but I will call a spade a spade and sorry I don't drink orange kool-aid like a lot of people on this website. I just call it the way I see it.

By your definition I think we will be good in '11. But good in the AL East is a long way from being good enough to contend. To contend? That all depends on what AM gets done between now and then.

When Peter Angelos and/or Andy MacPhail are no longer part of the organization.

As long as both of those people are in the organization, the Orioles will never commit the resources or take the risks neccessary to compete in the AL East IMO.

I really hope AM takes the commissioner's job after 2011 so we can get a GM in here that is willing to spend Angelos' money and take some risks to get the talent that we need. MacPhail is holding us back IMO.

You need a lollipop REALLY bad!!!!:eek:

Go My Beloved 2010 Orioles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2yay-thumb:

In the AL East, it is possible to be over .500 and still not be playing meaningful games in August and September. Right now, I'd settle for over .500. I think it could happen this season, though I would say the odds are against it. Next year I'd hope to be well over .500 and playing meaningful games deep into September.

You know, you make some decent points, but with the attitude you have and particularly the way you ended the post why should anyone here take you seriously?

You know, you make some decent points, but with the attitude you have and particularly the way you ended the post why should anyone here take you seriously?

I dont care if anyone takes me serious. This is a place where O's fan come to make observations, rants, create discussions, etc. I dont think I am doing anything differently that others in here.

I am tired of losing, I want them to win as much as anyone. its hard to be positive when you have lost for so many consecutive years.

I dont care if anyone takes me serious. This is a place where O's fan come to make observations, rants, create discussions, etc. I dont think I am doing anything differently that others in here.

I am tired of losing, I want them to win as much as anyone. its hard to be positive when you have lost for so many consecutive years.

You mean other than lobbing general insults toward the membership and acting like you are the only one receiving these divine revelations over how bad the Orioles have been? No, nothing different at all.

Archived