When will we be good again?

CarlWinslow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is he doesn't last too long. His style and feelings would fit perfectly at the Sun boards.

Yes, it should not take long before a few people seek out his posts and attack him for everything he wants to say. I have found that if you don't want to discuss how great the rebuild is going, or how waiting on "name your player" then there really is not much of a chance to post here, without getting jumped on.

Yes, it should not take long before a few people seek out his posts and attack him for everything he wants to say. I have found that if you don't want to discuss how great the rebuild is going, or how waiting on "name your player" then there really is not much of a chance to post here, without getting jumped on.

Oh boo hoo. If you present an argument with points, facts and minus insults then you will be treated fairly. If you come in with an attitude then you will receive attitude. Do you see any problem with this?

When Peter Angelos and/or Andy MacPhail are no longer part of the organization.

As long as both of those people are in the organization, the Orioles will never commit the resources or take the risks neccessary to compete in the AL East IMO.

I really hope AM takes the commissioner's job after 2011 so we can get a GM in here that is willing to spend Angelos' money and take some risks to get the talent that we need. MacPhail is holding us back IMO.

What else does the Magic 8 Ball say?

As the new season comes closer and closer I started to think ... When do you think we will be good again? Good to me means finishing over .500 and playing meaningful games in late August and September.

I don't know if I can keep sitting around and watching the O's battle for 4th place in the AL East again. Doesn't anyone else around here feel the way I do? Growing up the Orioles were a great team and then after Papa Peter decided to can Davey Johnson we never recovered.

Does it bother anyone that some of the most famous Orioles want nothing to do with the team (i.e. Cal, Eddie, Brooks)?

We all love Brian Roberts, but does it bother anyone that he is going to finish his career never having played meaningful game in his career. Before you get mad and tell me I am wrong. Sit back and think about it, you will realize I am right. Everyday he laces up his cleats, knowing in the back of his head that no matter what the he or the Orioles do, they will never finish above 3rd place in their division and that's even a stretch.

How long before we finish above .500 (be honest)?

How long before we compete for an AL East title?

Will the team ever be good under Angelos?

I am truly and O's fan, but I will call a spade a spade and sorry I don't drink orange kool-aid like a lot of people on this website. I just call it the way I see it.

I can't say that it does, really. Why? Because Brian Roberts had the opportunity to say to the Orioles trade me, and he did not, so far as we know. Brian Roberts could have said he was not going to resign with the Orioles, but he did not. Brian has had the chances to leave this team, but he has not done it. Worrying about one player being a part of a winner is not my concern.

When we decide that we'll spend double whatever the Yankees or Red Sox are offering to lure a quality free agent.

Until then, we will never surpass the Yankees or Red Sox. Sorry. Yes, the Devil Rays caught lightning in a bottle one year, but generally speaking you are going to have to spend caysh to win in the AL east.

I dont care if anyone takes me serious. This is a place where O's fan come to make observations, rants, create discussions, etc. I dont think I am doing anything differently that others in here.

I am tired of losing, I want them to win as much as anyone. its hard to be positive when you have lost for so many consecutive years.

Hey, don't sweat the negative responses. You have a right to say exactly how you feel and trust me when I say that you're not alone in your frustrations about this team and organization.

Thousands of Baltimore area residents, fans in the greater DelMarVa region, older Orioles fans, and hundreds of thousands of potential young Orioles fans don't care what happens with this team and yet, some folks on the OH behave as if their endless optimism and bottomless benefit of the doubt for Peter Angelos and Andy MacPhail is the general attitude from the larger population out in the real world - IMHO.

Feel free to vent your frustration whenever you like. Don't let those who can't see the AL East standings or the superior rosters of other teams stand in the way of you expressing your honest assessment of the mess that has become the Baltimore Orioles.

Maybe the team will get better in 2010, but I don't see that happening regardless of what some scouts say here or there. Everything with this team is constantly a series of "IFs."

IF this guy gets good.

IF this pitcher works out.

IF this guy plays to his career average.

IF this guy manages to rediscover his batting stroke.

IF Kranitz can help a guy work on his mechanics and delivery.

IF the core continues to play well and the other young guys step up.

We have very few "sure things" on this team and the FO seems fine with sending us out into battle with untested weapons and hardware.

This is certainly a cause for frustration and anyone who doesn't see the reality on this squad is deluding themselves.

MSK

Oh boo hoo. If you present an argument with points, facts and minus insults then you will be treated fairly. If you come in with an attitude then you will receive attitude. Do you see any problem with this?

I enjoy reading what some of the people post on here. I know that most of these guys that study stats and the sabermetrics are pretty spot on, so I choose to just read. However, by doing that I notice when some folks come out of the wood work to jump on others. Please don't shed a tear for me, do you have any problems with this?

When we decide that we'll spend double whatever the Yankees or Red Sox are offering to lure a quality free agent.

Until then, we will never surpass the Yankees or Red Sox. Sorry. Yes, the Devil Rays caught lightning in a bottle one year, but generally speaking you are going to have to spend caysh to win in the AL east.

Yeah well then I suggest you find another team to support because we will never outspend either. Just a ridiculous statement.

Hey, don't sweat the negative responses. You have a right to say exactly how you feel and trust me when I say that you're not alone in your frustrations about this team and organization.

Thousands of Baltimore area residents, fans in the greater DelMarVa region, older Orioles fans, and hundreds of thousands of potential young Orioles fans don't care what happens with this team and yet, some folks on the OH behave as if their endless optimism and bottomless benefit of the doubt for Peter Angelos and Andy MacPhail is the general attitude from the larger population out in the real world - IMHO.

Feel free to vent your frustration whenever you like. Don't let those who can't see the AL East standings or the superior rosters of other teams stand in the way of you expressing your honest assessment of the mess that has become the Baltimore Orioles.

Maybe the team will get better in 2010, but I don't see that happening regardless of what some scouts say here or there. Everything with this team is constantly a series of "IFs."

IF this guy gets good.

IF this pitcher works out.

IF this guy plays to his career average.

IF this guy manages to rediscover his batting stroke.

IF Kranitz can help a guy work on his mechanics and delivery.

IF the core continues to play well and the other young guys step up.

We have very few "sure things" on this team and the FO seems fine with sending us out into battle with untested weapons and hardware.

This is certainly a cause for frustration and anyone who doesn't see the reality on this squad is deluding themselves.

MSK

That's what happens when you deal with young talent. I can understand the cynical attitude that you and others have. I have it at times myself. However, what I can't understand is how you and others can continue to dump all over this team and act like we haven't come a long way. Granted there's a long way to go, but let's stop acting like we are the 2002 team.

As for your laundry list of IFs, let's stop acting like we are the only ones who have a list like that. Granted the Yankees probably don't have to worry about anything but you can't in good consciousness compare our financial situation and theirs.

Archived