Are you worried about MD getting tired?

Sports Guy

Just to piggyback and add to the Joe Smith comments. 20/10 as a freshman and sophomore. All American as a freshman. Concensus selection for the National POY as a sophomore. 1st team ALL ACC as a freshman and sophomore and one of only 3 people to win conference POY as a sophomore(Sampson and Thompson were the others). Made the top 50 All time ACC players list after playing only two years. For those of you too young to remember Joe or for those of you who forgot, let it sink in for a second how dominate he was as a freshman and sophomore. If he comes along 5 years earlier when college kids weren't leaving school early he shatters the team scoring, rebounding and blocks records. He was also on pace to set the ACC record for scoring and be top 5 in rebounding and top 10 in blocks. The guy was easily the best player I've watched at this university and one of the best period.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to piggyback and add to the Joe Smith comments. 20/10 as a freshman and sophomore. All American as a freshman. Concensus selection for the National POY as a sophomore. 1st team ALL ACC as a freshman and sophomore and one of only 3 people to win conference POY as a sophomore(Sampson and Thompson were the others). Made the top 50 All time ACC players list after playing only two years. For those of you too young to remember Joe or for those of you who forgot, let it sink in for a second how dominate he was as a freshman and sophomore. If he comes along 5 years earlier when college kids weren't leaving school early he shatters the team scoring, rebounding and blocks records. He was also on pace to set the ACC record for scoring and be top 5 in rebounding and top 10 in blocks. The guy was easily the best player I've watched at this university and one of the best period.
I agree, you gotta put Joe in the top 5. He loses a little bit for only being here two years, but he was an amazing player.

I'd go Bias, Lucas, Dixon, Smith, and its a tough choice between Greivis and Walt Williams. I haven't given it too much thought but those are the ones that immediately pop to my head.

BTW, there's a guy named Bob Kessler who averaged 20 and 14 in '56, averaged 20 the year before, not sure on the boards. And Gene Shue averaged 22 a game for two seasons before that.

Archived