Bloody Weekend for top ranked teams...

geschinger

Sure it was. It's not like I was alone in making such a prescient observation before the season. And to blame his poor performance on the injury is to ignore his subpar performance the week before against Washington. They might have lost that game too if another Booty interception wasn't overturned by replay allowing USC to kick the deciding FG.

Sure it wasn't. You weren't alone, but you were easily in the minority on that. An no, it's not ignoring that at all, I have no clue how you can determine that by me rightly saying the Stanford loss was in large part due to his broken finger. That comment has nothing to do with any other game.

He played well enough to get the win against Washington, and I disagree about that deciding FG line. WASH scored a meaningless TD with 34 seconds left after blocking a punt in that game to make it a FG difference. That's not something I would rip Booty for. And are we now ripping on him for an almost INT? Those happen all the time.

He's had a good season other than the Stanford game, where the 4 picks killed him and his team. And he had a very good season last year.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that LSU probably gets there.

They have at Alabama and Auburn at home...The rest of their games should be cake walks.

So, i think it will really come down to them winning the SEC title game or not IMO.

Oklahoma has a few games they could lose but it will likely come down to the Big 12 title game.

OSU ends with home date against Ill and Wisconsin and away games against Penn St and Mich.

I doubt they win out.

So, it looks like Oklahoma and LSU have the leg up right now.

The question will be does USC do enough to impress the voters with their tough schedule to vault them over Oklahoma?? I think it is possible.

USC has 3 very tough road games ahead against top 12 teams, if they can win all 3, they'll move up a lot in the human and computer polls, and rightly so.

Sure it wasn't. You weren't alone, but you were easily in the minority on that. An no, it's not ignoring that at all, I have no clue how you can determine that by me rightly saying the Stanford loss was in large part due to his broken finger. That comment has nothing to do with any other game.

He played well enough to get the win against Washington, and I disagree about that deciding FG line. WASH scored a meaningless TD with 34 seconds left after blocking a punt in that game to make it a FG difference. That's not something I would rip Booty for. And are we now ripping on him for an almost INT? Those happen all the time.

He's had a good season other than the Stanford game, where the 4 picks killed him and his team. And he had a very good season last year.

I'm not saying he's not a good qb, he obviously is. I thought the Heisman talk and the comparisons to some of his predecessors was unwarranted and thought he was still inconsistent enough to cost USC a game or two. Whether that was/is a minority opinion does not make it any less correct.

I'm not saying he's not a good qb, he obviously is. I thought the Heisman talk and the comparisons to some of his predecessors was unwarranted and thought he was still inconsistent enough to cost USC a game or two. Whether that was/is a minority opinion does not make it any less correct.

You are the one who brought up others thinking the same way, now you're saying that doesn't matter, interesting. It's only been correct so far because of a broken finger and some bad defense in the 2nd half against Stanford. If you want to feel good about your prediction based on that, have at it.

I do agree that he's no Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart.

You are the one who brought up others thinking the same way, now you're saying that doesn't matter, interesting. It's only been correct so far because of a broken finger and some bad defense in the 2nd half against Stanford. If you want to feel good about your prediction based on that, have at it.

I do agree that he's no Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter, simply pointing out that an opinion does not have to be a majority opinion to be correct. I'll tell you what, I'll give Booty a pass for his performance and pretend like Stanford never happened. I have the utmost confidence that his inconsistency is going to haunt USC at least once more this season.

I'm not saying it doesn't matter, simply pointing out that an opinion does not have to be a majority opinion to be correct. I'll tell you what, I'll give Booty a pass for his performance and pretend like Stanford never happened. I have the utmost confidence that his inconsistency is going to haunt USC at least once more this season.

Who is disputing your first sentence?:confused: Again, you are the one who brought others opinions into this. Remember this line: "Sure it was. It's not like I was alone in making such a prescient observation before the season."

I find it very odd that you would bring that into the conversation and then start arguing against me stating that it doesn't matter if it's a majority or minority opinion. It's especially odd since I'm not debating that.

Who is disputing your first sentence?:confused: Again, you are the one who brought others opinions into this. Remember this line: "Sure it was. It's not like I was alone in making such a prescient observation before the season."

I find it very odd that you would bring that into the conversation and then start arguing against me stating that it doesn't matter if it's a majority or minority opinion. It's especially odd since I'm not debating that.

Now you have me totally :confused:. I said that it was predictable that Booty would cost them a game or two to which you said it was not. I responded I wasn't alone in that prediction, hence it *was* predictable.

I guess where I became really :confused: is when you say: "You are the one who brought up others thinking the same way, now you're saying that doesn't matter" I guess I'm not understanding what you are reading into what I wrote to conclude I was saying "it doesn't matter".

To clarify/simplify my opinion: Booty is overrated and it was/is predictable that he'll cost USC a game or two with his play.

USC has 3 very tough road games ahead against top 12 teams, if they can win all 3, they'll move up a lot in the human and computer polls, and rightly so.

Agreed...The question is, can they move up higher than LSU or Oklahoma if they both win out?

I guess it will depend on how impressive each team looks.

USC's schedule is certainly harder than Oklahoma's and is probably right there with LSU.

Agreed...The question is, can they move up higher than LSU or Oklahoma if they both win out?

I guess it will depend on how impressive each team looks.

USC's schedule is certainly harder than Oklahoma's and is probably right there with LSU.

In the human polls, if they win out they might jump Oklahoma but I don't see how they make up enough ground w/the computers to jump either of 'em. I don't see any possibility of them jumping over a one loss LSU in either the human polls or w/the computers. They are currently ranked 23rd or lower by all the computers. While their schedule certainly looks impressive right now, over the next few weeks the Pac 10 teams will be beating up on each other and diminishing the impressiveness of those wins if USC does indeed win.

Now you have me totally :confused:. I said that it was predictable that Booty would cost them a game or two to which you said it was not. I responded I wasn't alone in that prediction, hence it *was* predictable.

I guess where I became really :confused: is when you say: "You are the one who brought up others thinking the same way, now you're saying that doesn't matter" I guess I'm not understanding what you are reading into what I wrote to conclude I was saying "it doesn't matter".

To clarify/simplify my opinion: Booty is overrated and it was/is predictable that he'll cost USC a game or two with his play.

By that logic, almost anything is predictable. If I pick the Dolphins to beat the Pats this sunday, I doubt I'll be alone, but I will be in the minority to say the least. I was under the impression you meant it was easy to predict.

I didn't think it was likely that Booty would cost USC a game, and there wasn't much reason to feel he would.

I'm confused that you're confused, but whatever, it doesn't matter.

By that logic, almost anything is predictable. If I pick the Dolphins to beat the Pats this sunday, I doubt I'll be alone, but I will be in the minority to say the least. I was under the impression you meant it was easy to predict.

I didn't think it was likely that Booty would cost USC a game, and there wasn't much reason to feel he would.

I'm confused that you're confused, but whatever, it doesn't matter.

The whole issue comes down to us having differing opinions on the bolded sentence. He had some inconsistent performances last year that I thought would carry over to this year especially considering he wouldn't be able to lean on two experienced NFL caliber WRs. It certainly isn't a fringe prediction that has little chance of playing out like the example of Mia beating NE.

The whole issue comes down to us having differing opinions on the bolded sentence. He had some inconsistent performances last year that I thought would carry over to this year especially considering he wouldn't be able to lean on two experienced NFL caliber WRs. It certainly isn't a fringe prediction that has little chance of playing out like the example of Mia beating NE.

Well I do think it was a fringe prediction. No QB is going to be great every game, he was at least decent in every game last year, and you'd expect improvement in his senior year.

Archived