Dave Trembley: Early Leader for Mis-manager of the Year.

ChesterPeake

You'll get banned for insulting moderators. You're dumbass opinions won't get you banned, just ridiculed.

This thread has only slightly more merit than the guy who started one yesterday bashing Trembley for not pinch hitting with Pie last night despite his inability to swing a bat.

I'm glad to know that because I have a lot of dumbass opinions.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the heck was Atkins going on contact at 3B with 1 out in game 1?

It's a rule in baseball. With 1 out and a guy on 3rd, you send him. The only places he would have been out is if it was to the pitcher or right to Longoria. We just got unlucky.

No.you.don't. It's not a rule in baseball. There is no rule in baseball that is clear cut, and especially not in that situation. Atkins screwed up, as did Juan Samuel. Period.

No.you.don't. It's not a rule in baseball. There is no rule in baseball that is clear cut, and especially not in that situation. Atkins screwed up, as did Juan Samuel. Period.

This pretty clearly isn't as cut & dry as you're stating here. At all. Not even close.

Well first off, let's read the rest of the thread to see that I obviously rescinded my comment about the "rule" thing instead of just looking at the 2nd post. Point is, you still go home on that thread.

FYI, he's been the manager for over two years now and I think that he's been a poor decision-maker that entire time. I consider the first two games of this season to be a continuation of his poor managing of the past two years. So, I'm not talking about two games, I'm talking about hundreds of games. The first two games of this season are merely a case of "Here we go again!", in my view.

Besides, I'm just getting a head start on the rest of you.

Really? He has mismanaged hundreds of games? You realize he is 172-246 as the manager of the Baltimore Orioles, right? I mean, obviously they've lost a lot, but I really can't even argue how you think his decisions/moves have cost them "hundreds of games." I'm not sure what the stats are in terms of managers' decisions causing a team to win/lose, but it can't be as high as 60% of the time (his losses)

Running once you see its a) not a linedrive and b) not back to the pitcher makes a ton of sense in that situation. Calling it a flat out mistake is simply moronic. There are some points to be made as to why an another approach might be better, but they certainly aren't so strong as to make running there a clear mistake.

Atkins getting thrown out at home was a much better result than them turning two and Atkins staying at 3B. And if that ball is fielded cleanly, which Longoria does almost every time, then its a very routine and easy double play ball, even if Longoria glances at 3B before throwing to 2nd.

Really? He has mismanaged hundreds of games? You realize he is 172-246 as the manager of the Baltimore Orioles, right? I mean, obviously they've lost a lot, but I really can't even argue how you think his decisions/moves have cost them "hundreds of games." I'm not sure what the stats are in terms of managers' decisions causing a team to win/lose, but it can't be as high as 60% of the time (his losses)

What you've failed to take into account is the fact that all baseball managers grotesquely mismanage nearly 100% of their games. Teams don't really win, they just happen to be managed less poorly that day.

All data taken from random sampling of loud drunk guys in bleachers.

What you've failed to take into account is the fact that all baseball managers grotesquely mismanage nearly 100% of their games. Teams don't really win, they just happen to be managed less poorly that day.

All data taken from random sampling of loud drunk guys in bleachers.

Yes but those loud drunk guys are the baseball gods.:rofl:

We're only two games into the season and Dave Trembley has already mis-managed 100% of the games. Some of you will tell me to lighten up, that it's only two games, but I plan to be all over Trembley's case this season because he has shown during his entire tenure that he is a bad enough manager to cause the O's to lose enough close games to take away the chance for our young players to experience being winners.

If we continue to be mis-manged and out-managed on a game-by-game basis, it's going to suck the life out of this team's morale and it's a damn shame.

I know we failed to plate RISP in game 1 and that we faced a dominant pitcher in game 2, but these were close games that could have been won. Why the heck was Atkins going on contact at 3B with 1 out in game 1? Why wasn't Luke in LF instead of Reimold in game 2? Why pitch to Longoria, of all people, with two on and 1B open in game 2? Etc., etc.

I'm convinced that we're never going to win big with Dave Trembley at the helm. The sooner he is gone, the better off we'll be.

Just curious, had the ball been hit to short or second would you be on here ranting. Baseball is a game of decisions and we never hear about the ones that work out but when one goes bad then we have people ripping them. If Atkins does not go and a double play ball is turned than DT is a dope there also. Kind of a no win.

Luke instead of Nolan, do you really think Luke is better than Nolan in LF?? Again Nolan did not get to a few balls so automatically Luke would have. If Luke had been out there and not gotten to a ball then NR should have been in there.

The Longoria point is fair, but Carlos Pena has destroyed us so it was really a pick yopur poison type move.

As long as we have Trembley at the helm, the Orioles are always at a disadvantage. He is just not a very good game manager and seems to consistently be out-managed.

The day game last year at Camden Yards when he took out Bergeson vs. the Red Sox and the relievers blew the 4 run lead was the beginning of the end for me with Trembley.

Hopefully next year when the Orioles are ready to contend for a playoff spot, AM will bring in a real ML manager.

As long as we have Trembley at the helm, the Orioles are always at a disadvantage. He is just not a very good game manager and seems to consistently be out-managed.

The day game last year at Camden Yards when he took out Bergeson vs. the Red Sox and the relievers blew the 4 run lead was the beginning of the end for me with Trembley.

Hopefully next year when the Orioles are ready to contend for a playoff spot, AM will bring in a real ML manager.

:rolleyestf: When one comes, they all come out.

Isn't it funny how the managers of teams with inferior talent are usually worse than those with better talent?

I do remember that game. The worst part of it was when DT took out Bergy, and promptly told the bullpen to throw nothing but beach balls. I mean, why did he tell those RPs to pitch so poorly? What a fool he is...

Well first off, let's read the rest of the thread to see that I obviously rescinded my comment about the "rule" thing instead of just looking at the 2nd post. Point is, you still go home on that thread.

That was poor wording on my part. The sample size is hundreds of games. He did not mismanage hundreds of games.

Archived