Dave Trembley: Early Leader for Mis-manager of the Year.

ChesterPeake

The bullpen is going to be toast by Memorial Day. Mis-managed the pen again tonight. Will O is up and warming for the third straight game and he comes in and gets Crawford to ground out on 2 pitches and boom out of the game for JJ. Boom double..... boom single it's now 5-4. He gets Upton out to end the inning. Why not leave Will in to finish the inning? Pray everyone!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bullpen is going to be toast by Memorial Day. Mis-managed the pen again tonight. Will O is up and warming for the third straight game and he comes in and gets Crawford to ground out on 2 pitches and boom out of the game for JJ. Boom double..... boom single it's now 5-4. He gets Upton out to end the inning. Why not leave Will in to finish the inning? Pray everyone!
Make up your mind. You can't criticize him for bringing Ohman in his 3rd straight game AND for not leaving him in to face a right-handed hitter.

Trembley managed the game excellently tonight. Any criticisms are pretty much BS, IMO.

Make up your mind. You can't criticize him for bringing Ohman in his 3rd straight game AND for not leaving him in to face a right-handed hitter.

Trembley managed the game excellently tonight. Any criticisms are pretty much BS, IMO.

As usual, Mack is on point. Trembley did a fine job tonight.

Why the heck was Atkins going on contact at 3B with 1 out in game 1?

It's a rule in baseball. With 1 out and a guy on 3rd, you send him. The only places he would have been out is if it was to the pitcher or right to Longoria. We just got unlucky.

Atkins should never have been in the game in that situation. You pinch run for him with Lugo who is a far faster runner and we probably score there.

I would have pinched hit Wigginton for Lugo in the ninth. Probably would have had the same result, but he would have been a better option, imo. Not really a criticism, more of a nitpick.

Atkins should never have been in the game in that situation. You pinch run for him with Lugo who is a far faster runner and we probably score there.

Disagree up a run, you stay with your best defensive team. I am guessing they feel Atkins is better at first than Wiggy.

I didn't understand why he wouldn't have used Hendrickson instead though? It makes little sense to use Olman three straight games this early on with an unused Hendrickson.:confused:

A good decision is:

A) One that turns out as we want it to

B) One that is not made by Dave Trembley

A bad decision is:

A) One that doesn't turn out the way we want it to

B) One that is made by Dave Trembley

See how easy that is? :D

Revenue sharing! Revenue sharing! Revenue sharing! (My :deadhorse:)

Taking JJ out today, unless he couldn't go 2 innings after back to back days, was poor...He looked great out there.

I disagree. Your closer has been struggling in prior two apperances. You put him out there to try to work through it.

I disagree. Your closer has been struggling in prior two apperances. You put him out there to try to work through it.

But do you do it with a 1 run lead and your set up guy looking dominant?

The BJs couldn't touch him.

Again, maybe JJ couldn't go the second inning today...But if he could, DT wouldn't have done it anyway.

How many pitches did Gonzalez throw last night?

No way I trot him out there today... and why on Earth bother taking him out with 2 outs and the bases empty?

Me no understand.

The closer is all about psychology. Any number of RP have the stuff to do it. But somehow the last three outs are different for a lot of guys. Look at JJ last season. So once you say a guy is the closer you have to stick with him. If you don't put him today, in you are clearly giving him a vote of no confidence. You only do that once. When you demote him.

The closer is all about psychology. Any number of RP have the stuff to do it. But somehow the last three outs are different for a lot of guys. Look at JJ last season. So once you say a guy is the closer you have to stick with him. If you don't put him today, in you are clearly giving him a vote of no confidence. You only do that once. When you demote him.

I think JJ last season was gassed last season, personally. It was more about # of innings for him than anything.

I don't care how gung ho you are, when you can't sniff the plate with your fastball and haven't repeated your delivery one single time this year, you're going to lose confidence.

The Orioles should be 4-0 or at worst 3-1 but thanks to our manager and a couple of players not being used properly we are now 1-3. Andy M had the chance to make the change at the end of last season and he made a big mistake. This mistake is going to cost the Orioles and mainly Peter Angelos a minimum of 24 million dollars this season if DT lasts the whole season. there will be a minimum of 15,000 less seats filled due to the way we will continue to find ways to lose. The players are not the problem. Andy is right when he says this is the best team we have fielded in a number of years but they won't win with DT. I was there today and I would have bet my house that DT would bring Mike G in to close after almost blowing last nights game. Did he bring him in? We all saw it. Embarassing to make Cito look like the manager of the year in the other dugout. He had to be laughing to himself.

What did DT say on his post game show? He's my closer. You stand behind your players. You don't step on them. DT...are you reading this or listening? People are spending a lot of money to go to the games. This isn't about you showing confidence in your players. The guy is hurt and not ready. Period. Can't you see that? You make adjustments. Give the guy a day off after the horrific Tampa series. Don't rub his nose in the dirt when he's not ready or able to pitch right now. The boos in the ninth inning for Mike G should never have happened. We had a shot to win and go to 2-2 and you blew it hoping to make Mike look great today when you know he is not ready. The exhibition schedule ended Dave. This is the real deal now so pay attention. The front office and the fans are. More on another post.

Archived