Mike Gonzalez

SammyBirdland

any extra chances i can have to vent on this guy....i'll take.

At least Baez was surrounded by many other underachievers to "fly under the radar" on how bad he is. Gonzalez's suckage far surpasses any other disappontments i could possibly have.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles blew a three year, $18 million dollar contract on an overrated Danys Baez. Now, they're paying $6 million a year to guy whose never been a closer, and didn't have a great record as a set up man (good ERA, but only 5-4 record, and seven blown saves in 17 chances.) What was the rationale for signing him? The guy can't even throw a strike below the belt - he either bounces the ball, or throws it high. Dumb signing by MacPhail.

Its only as dumb of a signing by MacPhail as it is as dumb of a post in general.

He served as the closer in Pitt in 2006 and in Atlanta in 2007 (before getting hurt) and in 2008.

he actually makes it look like an accident when he gets someone out...

He should be relegated to long man duties until he straightens himself out, not even a situational lefty, put him below Berken on the ladder and make him work his way back. I will be pissed if Dave trots him out there in even a moderately close game in the near future.

Why would Trembley stay with this chump?

I was praying he leave Johnson in there. Honestly, everything I have seen from Gonzalez shows that he sucks. It was so obvious that he would blow it. God, sometimes I wonder who does the damn managing because it sucks.

We should be 3-1. Thank Gonzalez. If this guy gets another chance to close a game it is a disgrace to the name of the Orioles. Anyone else is better.

*edit* A better question would be, who signed this guy? I have seen nothing that shows he has ever been good. Meredith would do a better job. Our best AA pitcher would do better.

In a year when wins and losses are supposed to matter this is unacceptable. This guy stinks. We should easily be 3 and 1. Put this guy in mop up duty until he gets his head on straight. We can't keep losing games like this.

This guy is terrible...he's an embarrassment to Major league ball players. If

Trembley and Kranitz are smart they won't put up with much longer. What made MacPhail think this guy could pitch...let alone be a closer???

GET RID OF HIM!!!!!

He's awful. I mean maybe there's a chance to turn it around but I dunno. I don't see how this guy had a modicum of success in the bigs before this.

He's rapidly approaching Kline/DeJean territory.

And yet...he has.

So, the question is, is it more likely that the three games he's pitched for the Orioles indicates that the past 6 years have been a fluke, or that the past 6 years indicate that these three games are a fluke?

Geez.

This guy is terrible...he's an embarrassment to Major league ball players. If

Trembley and Kranitz are smart they won't put up with much longer. What made MacPhail think this guy could pitch...let alone be a closer???

GET RID OF HIM!!!!!

Years of data. What made you think this guy can't pitch? Three games?

Archived