Tejada .971, L. Hernandez .965

Frobby

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Numbers are for nerds, it's all about what you see with your own two eyes. Anyone who has actually played the game of baseball knows this.

That's fine if you plan on watching every player, every play, every game, remembering it all (the good and the bad), not letting any personal biases get in the way, and knowing how to access your huge database of information in order to evaluate a player.

EDIT: (I think I missed some sarcasm in your post...my bad.)

Numbers are for nerds, it's all about what you see with your own two eyes. Anyone who has actually played the game of baseball knows this.
Some people play the game and some people play with numbers.
Wow, I love that these two posts are back to back. I love it when people's opinions are so ridiculous that they mimic genuinely funny sarcastic comments, although obviously they don't think its sarcastic.

Wow, I love that these two posts are back to back. I love it when people's opinions are so ridiculous that they mimic genuinely funny sarcastic comments, although obviously they don't think its sarcastic.

Well considering I Heart Miggy made this thread titled Super Stat Sticky: Get Your Learn On! which explains stats like DIPS and Winshares, I'm going to assume that his comment actually was a sarcastic comment.

Well considering I Heart Miggy made this thread titled Super Stat Sticky: Get Your Learn On! which explains stats like DIPS and Winshares, I'm going to assume that his comment actually was a sarcastic comment.
Oh no, I definitely got that it was sarcastic, even before reading Gurgi's. I just thought it was hysterical that Gurgi essentially repeated what he said word for word without any realization that he his opinion had just been mercilessly ridiculed preemptively.

I think I Heart Miggy's was sarcastic ;)

gurgi's was run of the mill for him.

Baseball is played on a field of grass and dirt, not on computers and calculators. ;)

BTW, no self-respecting "stathead" would rely on fielding percentage anyway. It's only one indicator of fielding ability, and it's a pretty poor one.

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think LH is an everyday player. The dude hit like .250 in AA at the age of 23, and got a bunch of bloopers and seeing eye groundballs while he was up with the big club. His D is good, but not so much that it makes up for his bat (or lack thereof). He should definitely get a look in spring training, but I would not appraoch the offseason as if he's the #1 option if MT gets moved/traded.

Yes I got the sarcasm but I couldnt resist. After all it is run of the mill for me. I liked my statement so much I am quoting myself as my signature.:D

Baseball always was the number one stat geek sport from way back. But with the rise of the internet and fantasy baseball it really has taken a on a goofy side that is rather funny.

Jokes about it are finally starting to enter the general publics awareness. Like that scene in "Knocked up" when the wife thought her husband was cheating on her but all he was doing was sneaking off to play fantasy baseball. LOL. God its like a religion to some people.:eek:

Reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons. Except the kids grew up and dont roll dice anymore they just use their computers.

My 5th level Cleric can beat your 3rd level Magic User. LOL.

Archived