New Closer? Alfredo Simon?

orioleman123

Jim ... I dont need stats. I watched a guy with a 90 mph fastball, Wild as can be, And a ridiculous & uneccesary rocking motion pitch this year. Some here will claim he was hurt. I think hes been hidden on the DL until he gets straightend out. A lot of national league pitchers come to the AL & struggle.

Again....

Have you seen him pitch prior to the 4 outings he's had with the Orioles?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim ... I dont need stats. I watched a guy with a 90 mph fastball, Wild as can be, And a ridiculous & uneccesary rocking motion pitch this year. Some here will claim he was hurt. I think hes been hidden on the DL until he gets straightend out. A lot of national league pitchers come to the AL & struggle.

Then don't use them to support your point. It's that simple.

:confused:

You realize that he was injured to start the season, right? Have you seen him pitch in prior years at all? Have you looked at his K/9 numbers from last year?

I dont believe he was hurt! I cant support that position. I believe hes been stuffed on the DL while they try to get his form back. Am I wrong? No one knows for sure.

No ...Plenty of guys have done well in other places & then come here look lost & stink it up.

Bad Luck? Coincidence? Not sure...What do you think?

I dont believe he was hurt! I cant support that position. I believe hes been stuffed on the DL while they try to get his form back. Am I wrong? No one knows for sure.

I think any logical person would conclude that he's injured, but whatever floats your boat.

Hah. So you neg-rep'd me?

Judging by your logic here you can't actually "draw conclusions" - you can, however, arbitrarily react. Drawing a conclusion means understanding and considering the evidence and then deriving something logical from it. What you've done here is mis-use a stat, reject a stat you didn't both to look up, then reject all stats for an assessment made on your initial, incomplete first-hand experience. That's not "drawing" a "conclusion."

That you can't tell the difference is telling.

Yes I did, not because you dont agree with me. Because you insulted me by your flagrant stereo typing. I've been given a infraction before for a lot less...Yet this Trea-ian stuff can continue and the mods see fit to leave it alond. Not sure why as I get it depends on who you are & how long you've been around. Either way,Again I dont care for it & find it a insult. No offense to Trea, I dont need him to supply my opinion. The shame is I have to deal with smart-a** cracks liuke that because I dont run with the main stream & somehow that diminishes the value of my opinion.

then reject all stats for an assessment made on your initial, incomplete first-hand experience. That's not "drawing" a "conclusion."

I'm sorry but I saw what I saw. Just because the guy was good in the past doesnt mean he will bring that success here. It happens all the time. To say that the guy was stinky is not true. And if you want to make excuses for him thats ok with me.

The shame is I have to deal with smart-a** cracks liuke that because I dont run with the main stream & somehow that diminishes the value of my opinion.

I think your opinion was diminished in the eyes of some because you cited a stat that supported your opinion, then claimed stats don't tell you anything when someone else did the same. Also, you claim the guy can't close when the only times you saw him pitch were when he was injured. Then, you claim he wasn't really injured. That's probably where you went wrong.

Hah. So you neg-rep'd me?

Judging by your logic here you can't actually "draw conclusions" - you can, however, arbitrarily react. Drawing a conclusion means understanding and considering the evidence and then deriving something logical from it. What you've done here is mis-use a stat, reject a stat you didn't both to look up, then reject all stats for an assessment made on your initial, incomplete first-hand experience. That's not "drawing" a "conclusion."

That you can't tell the difference is telling.

Did you neg him back? Because that's how you are. BTW you deserved it. You didn't have to go there with your trea remark. Your point was well taken without your name calling. I guess now I'll be neg rep also, but who cares.

Holds are identical to saves. Except instead of ending the game, the pitcher delivers the lead he came in with to the next pitcher.

Got ya ...All Im trying to figure out is what was his hold % , added to his save/blown save %. & what was his inhertied runners score stat so I can draw my own conclusion rather than have someone trying to think for me.

I think any logical person would conclude that he's injured, but whatever floats your boat.

Fine I just dont agree. I think the Orioles did a similar thing with Pie early last season to avoid put him through waivers. When he looked absolutely lost (not injured).

First, if you don't know how it is calculated, how can you be sure it's not a good stat? Second, knowing how it is calculated, how is it any different than a save, except that the game isn't over? (Setting aside the "closer mentality" argument, which is not at issue here.)

He came in with a lead 34 times and 27 of those times he left with the lead intact.

Now, 27 out of 34 isn't fantastic - but it's okay. The context of those opportunities is different, however, and for set-up men often can involve coming in with more inherited runners.

Got ya ...All Im trying to figure out is what was his hold % , added to his save/blown save %. & what was his inhertied runners score stat so I can draw my own conclusion rather than have someone trying to think for me.

LJ already posted this. For his career, Gonzo has very good numbers with RISP and in high leverage situations.

Did you neg him back? Because that's how you are. BTW you deserved it. You didn't have to go there with your trea remark. Your point was well taken without your name calling. I guess now I'll be neg rep also, but who cares.

I give out very few negative reps. You hand them out like campaign fliers. The answer is no, and no.

You seem to have two purposes on this board: reactionary BS about David Hernandez (who, contrary to your opinion, all of us like) and trolling certain posters you dislike. Get a life.

I give out very few negative reps. You hand them out like campaign fliers. The answer is no, and no.

You seem to have two purposes on this board: reactionary BS about David Hernandez (who, contrary to your opinion, all of us like) and trolling certain posters you dislike. Get a life.

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

BTw, pos rep to you and my pos rep greatly outweighs their neg rep! :D

Archived