The next Carlos Pena?

Sports Guy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a huge Kila K fan, but I don't believe that he has the power potential to fit the profile.

He should be available, though. The Royals have treated him like a AAAA guy if not organizational fodder. Until Gordon's demotion, I would have said that they value Gordon much more, but now I don't know. I get the sense for the first time that they may be giving up on Gordon.

BTW both Mike Moustakas and Eric Hosmer have been raking so far this year in the minors. In fact Moustakas has been silly good, and since he's doing it at AA, he might well be knocking on the door soon.

The Royals have both of those studs on the way, and Butler is destined for a DH role regardless. Good points bringing them up.

As an aside, I'm pleased and even relieved to see that Hosmer fixed his eyesight issues and is healthy this season... showcasing tremendous hitting tools as a 20-year old in High A. He was my number one rated player in that draft. I'd probably cry if we were able to somehow (not happening) deal for him. :D

I am...but I only want him for SS...I think he will hit enough and his defense should be enough for him to be a league average or better SS.

I feel we are a better team with him vs Izzy.

I agree. Wood could be a solid addition for us in a position of terrible need.

Both Ka'aihue and Gordon are viable targets... I'd be happy to see either picked up in a deal.

This. As was said in the other post by Arthur, they have two young studs who will be not far behind. Heck...I'd go for both of them!

As an aside, I'm pleased and even relieved to see that Hosmer fixed his eyesight issues and is healthy this season... showcasing tremendous hitting tools as a 20-year old in High A. He was my number one rated player in that draft. I'd probably cry if we were able to somehow (not happening) deal for him. :D

I was skeptical about the eyesight explanation last year, as we seem to hear that all the time. But in Hosmer's case, it seems to have been the answer.

If Moustakas and Hosmer keep this up, the Royals will have reaped some serious draft benefits from their awfulness. Mike Montgomery just got promoted at AA, where he is joining Aaron Crow.

Could we sacrifice Wigginton for either of the Royals prospects? Would he land either one of them, or is his hot start not enough?

Royals are in a winable division, especially with a guy like Grienke to win every 5 days.

Could we sacrifice Wigginton for either of the Royals prospects? Would he land either one of them, or is his hot start not enough?

Royals are in a winable division, especially with a guy like Grienke to win every 5 days.

The Royals are in development mode. They will not trade young for old.

Gotta view Gordon like the Garza/Young trade. The Royals will want a good prospect for him, even if his star has fallen much like Delmon's had at the time of the trade to the Twins.

The Royals are in development mode. They will not trade young for old.

Gotta view Gordon like the Garza/Young trade. The Royals will want a good prospect for him, even if his star has fallen much like Delmon's had at the time of the trade to the Twins.

It's really hard to say what mode the Royals are in. Even they may not be sure. Scott Podsednik, Rick Ankiel, and Jason Kendall do not scream "development" to me. And the gems in the system are at least a year or two away.

If the Royals were really all about development, they would stick Gordon in the lineup and leave him there. Besides Butler, he is their best young player until Moustakas comes alone.

I would think what we would give up for Gordon would be prohibitive.

However, if we targeted Aviles and Gordon we may be able to find a more palatable deal.

Aviles would allow us to cut Lugo, and provide some decent infield depth.

I would think what we would give up for Gordon would be prohibitive.

However, if we targeted Aviles and Gordon we may be able to find a more palatable deal.

Aviles would allow us to cut Lugo, and provide some decent infield depth.

They called Aviles up unfortunately so I think he's not available.

I'd love to have Aviles, especially at SS.

They called Aviles up unfortunately so I think he's not available.

I'd love to have Aviles, especially at SS.

They did but they are enamored with Getz, the Yunicorn, Callaspo, and Willie "True Grit" Bloomquist.

I think Gordon is gettable. I like some of his 2010 stats. His OBP is a full 150 points higher than his average...that's a REALLY good sign. To me, that means there's something with his swing that needs tweaking. He could work with Crow much like Pie did last year, work out the mechanics, and he could really blossom.

If there is one thing Crowley is good at, it's swing mechanics.

They did but they are enamored with Getz, the Yunicorn, Callaspo, and Willie "True Grit" Bloomquist.

Aviles has been getting no respect from the Royals. I think he's available, especially since Betancourt had his two-week hot streak starting around the middle of April. That'll keep his starting job secure until at least the end of July.

Or maybe the next Carlos Pena is Kyle Blanks. He's on a horrible slump. He's sat 4 of the last 11 games. Most importantly, he's hurting my fantasy team. If they lose patience in him later in the year - or if they extend AGon, maybe he's another option to go after.

Archived