AM lied when he said this season was about winning

Diehard_O's_Fan

I really like Andy MacPhail. However, he was obivously lying when he said that this season was about winning. If this season was about winning, how come the Orioles are one of the worst teams in baseball.

After all the hitting problems the Orioles have had so far, how can Terry Crowley still have a job? How can Dave Trembley still be manager?

The Orioles are not winning like AM planned so how come there is not some major butt chewing in Baltimore.

Anybody live close to Kansas City Missouri? I have some Orioles/Royals tickets I will sell you if you do. My dad and I are no longer interested in going to the game.

Andrew,

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of the normal apologists will come in this thread and say this is ridiculous but you know what, its really not.

NO other team in baseball would stand for this and still not make drastic changes.

These guys all need to go and they need to go now.

I know a lot of the normal apologists will come in this thread and say this is ridiculous but you know what, its really not.

NO other team in baseball would stand for this and still not make drastic changes.

I can think of one who won't. ;)

MacPhail is listening to

on his iPod right now.

Agreed. If Trembley isn't gone within the week, I may start calling for MacPhail's head too (and I have been steadfast in my support of him).

Agreed. If Trembley isn't gone within the week, I may start calling for MacPhail's head too (and I have been steadfast in my support of him).

It's hard to call for DT's head when he is forced to play 2 of the worst players in baseball at 1B and SS each night because his GM won't lift a friggin' finger to get someone better in here.

As much as I like Andy MacPhail, if he allows the losing baseball to continue I want to see his butt hit the door as well.

If this season is really about winning, you start making major changes like firing Terry Crowley, firing Dave Trembley, etc.

I would even seriously consider sending struggling players like Adam Jones down to the minor leagues. The Orioles offense is simply not good enough to allow players like Adam Jones to struggle night in and night out.

Andrew,

As much as I like Andy MacPhail' date=' if he allows the losing baseball to continue I want to see his butt hit the door as well.

[b']If this season is really about wining[/b], you start making major changes like firing Terry Crowley, firing Dave Trembley, etc.

I would even seriously consider sending struggling players like Adam Jones down to the minor leagues. The Orioles offense is simply not good enough to allow players like Adam Jones to struggle night in and night out.

Andrew,

If this season is really about wining, I think I'll have a Merlot.

This is essentially a AAAA team. The Tides draw around 5k fans, the O's can't even break 10k. We even have a minor league manager!

There were probably between 2000 and 3000 fans in attendance tonight. Norfolk probably does BETTER. Same for last Tuesday and Wednesday, and, no doubt, tomorrow.

It's hard to call for DT's head when he is forced to play 2 of the worst players in baseball at 1B and SS each night because his GM won't lift a friggin' finger to get someone better in here.

I don't blame DT for the Orioles being awful. I just think he adds zero value, if not negative value, and thus there is no reason he should still be managing this team. I do agree Atkins and 1b is on MacPhail, but the real reason the Orioles offense has been miserable is the lack of production from young guys everyone in the baseball world expected significantly more out of (ie., Jones, Reimold and to some extent Markakis and Wieters). If these guys were hitting like they were expected to, and BRob was healthy (again, AM can't take the blame for Roberts' injury) the hole at 1B would be less noticeable (or non-existent as Wiggy would be playing there).

Overall I like the direction AM has moved the team in - I think it is too early to jump ship on him. DT on the other hands, has had a bad hand, but has not done anything to make the most of it (ie., batting Jones leadoff???).

Just how many championship has AM built and won? We are pathetic and Angelos and AM are doing nothing about it. Angelos needs to sell the team. AM needs to be replaced along with the entire coaching staff.

AM didn't lie, he doesn't have a clue!! The minor leagues have not been improved and we are really only a tiny bit better than 10 years ago.

Archived