Which of our draftees are potential "overslots"?

I would expect Austin Urban and Jaime Esquivel to be tough signs, as they are Penn St. and Rice commits, respectively. Sebastien Vader could also be a guy that requires top 10 round money to sign due to his commitment to San Diego St.

I do know that a good amount of our top 10 picks will require more money to sign, and I'm sure in the next couple days we'll here from Jordan and get a better idea of who he likes outside of the top 10.

I agree. I think this year's Cameron Coffey is Austin Urban. Though it appears that Urban may not have as much upside as Coffey.

I think Narron is probably another. But if you want to talk about Rd. 10+, Urban is your guy.

As a general rule, the JuCo kids with offers to solid D-I programs next year will likely cost six figures, which is overslot. I have a feeling that's what you'll see come May. A lot of low six-figure signings spread out over the late single-digit to early double-digit rounds. As with past drafts, BAL didn't hit many of the "national kids" and will rely on the quality of their scouting the HS and JuCo scene. Could be they are going to grab some real quality at a low investment. Time will tell.

Archived