Edwin Encarnacion designated for assignment by the Blue Jays.....

nate22

Honestly, I know he's an upgrade but I don't know that I'd pay the $$ for EE during this sorry season. To what end?

He'd be up for arbitration after the season, so we could just release him at that point.

But if he starts turning things around, he would be at least worth a bench spot next year, if not a starting spot at first depending on what he does. And unless he REALLY turns around, he's not making any money in arbitration going up against our people.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump. Encarnacion has been assigned to AAA Las Vegas by the Blue Jays, so it appears he passed through waivers unclaimed.

Unreal...just a waiver claim...Didn't have to trade anything for him.

Could have had him for salary and that's it. Unreal..What a pathetic organization.

Bump. Encarnacion has been assigned to AAA Las Vegas by the Blue Jays, so it appears he passed through waivers unclaimed.

This is one of those cases, where inaction is inexcusable. The organization has nothing to lose. Fox was a good pickup, but that doesn't mean he fixes all of the teams problems.

It's truly starting to seem as if they are tanking for the #1 pick.

So say you DFA Atkins and pick up Encarnacion. Where would you play him? He's a terrible 3B and can't play 1B. Do you DH him over Scott. I don't see him getting many more AB than Atkins, and he costs more.

His UZR is -.5 this year...Not great but an improvement over years past and that isn't going to really kill you at third.

To answer you, I would be playing him some at third and some at DH until other moves are made...I would also have him taking grounders at first everyday.

I would play Miggy at SS sometimes and would also play Scott at first some...I think Scott is an improvement over Wiggy at first and Wiggy isn't really any kind of a dropoff from Moore at second.

Hopefully at least 2 of Scott, Wiggy and Miggy are dealt by July 31, so you only have to deal with this for so long.

In the meantime, you should be able to find 15-20 at bats a week for EE.

AM wants Bell at 3B eventually. Remember he traded our closer for him. I think it's time to move Miggy back to SS. Let him relax and concentrate on his hitting. Move Izturis ASAP. Encarnacion would have been a nice addition for the team for the rest of the season. We are trading Wigginton so we would need another 3B. I like the addition of Fox but we still could have found room for EE. AM should move Wiggy soon before he slumps or injures himself. Maybe he's about to land Alex Gordon from the Royals. Would you rather have Bell or Gordon?

The Royals will have a shortage of OFs next year if they move DeJesus (who they are apparently shopping). I honestly think that they plan to have Gordon in the outfield occupying one of those spots. Unless they get blown away, I don't think Gordon is going anywhere. His value may be at it's lowest right now, so I don't think the Royals are keen on moving him so soon.

Hoopla over Encarnacion, seriously?

He's batting 200. Has an OBP under 300. Barely had an OBP above 300 last year. He's not a great 3B. He's not a great 1B. Why are we whining over not getting this guy again?

I'm all for whining about the Orioles, as they're historically bad. But this is not one of those things I care even the slightest about.

He's batting 200. Has an OBP under 300. Barely had an OBP above 300 last year. He's not a great 3B. He's not a great 1B. Why are we whining over not getting this guy again?

I'm all for whining about the Orioles, as they're historically bad. But this is not one of those things I care even the slightest about.

My sentiments exactly. This is such a non-issue. The guy just isn't any good.

Count me as someone who doesn't understand why this makes the O's even more inept. What exactly were the O's getting out of a defensive butcher at third, who's barely played first, and is in the midst of a 2-year slump and cost almost $3M? He's a slight, marginal improvement this year, and probably isn't even on the team after September.

Although my Oriole hope has mostly been crushed, I'm not going to get worked up over every missed opportunity to grab a sub-replacement reclamation project.

He has a 167 BABIP. His LD% isn't great but it is good enough where his BABIP should be much higher.

He also has a good walk %.

Despite that poor BABIP, his slugging is still 467 and his OPS is over 750.

Yes, the OBP is poor but he has a disparity of around 100 points between BA and OBP...If his BABIP was up where it should be, I bet his BA would be in the 230-250 range and all of a sudden, his OPS is pushing 800.

He wouldn't have been demoted either.

Archived