The Upcoming 'Tony-OH Expose' Timeline...

Greg Pappas

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. Tony said clearly just a few days ago that it would be a week or two before he shares his findings. My best guess would put that late this week or early next week.

I think that's asking a lot. By the sounds of his latest reply- I wouldn't expect the article anytime soon- and I say this because it's not fair to put a timeline on him writing it- even though he did give an estimation.

This is obviously a big article- and one that he can't walk away from once written. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a few more weeks before he can in good conscience publish it.

Remember this too- if it's as bad as he makes it out- the Orioles FO will be in no hurry to assist in his corroboration of the story. I can see them stalling him and keeping him at an arm's length until they can plan for some damage control.

I have heard Tony and others use the phrase "pro-am" recently. Is this in reference to being pro ( or for) Andy MacPhail, or is this some media talk that I am completely clueless on????? :scratchchinhmm:

If you're a message board poster who (allegedly) wrote for a respectable media outlet as an intern, you are a professional.

If all you've ever done is create probably the best fan site in all of sports than you are considered "pro-am."

If you're a message board poster who (allegedly) wrote for a respectable media outlet as an intern, you are a professional.

If all you've ever done is create probably the best fan site in all of sports than you are considered "pro-am."

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116

It was in this thread...turned into quite a crazy one.

Thank you gentlemen!

I cannot wait for this thing.

Yeah, I'll be in Ocean City next week, and even though I'll bring the laptop, I know I'll be hours late getting the news.

Tony, can you wait until at least the 4th of July to drop the hammer? :rofl:

Yeah, I'll be in Ocean City next week, and even though I'll bring the laptop, I know I'll be hours late getting the news.

Tony, can you wait until at least the 4th of July to drop the hammer? :rofl:

No Way! I want this yesterday!!

When the piece comes out you'll be able to make your own conclusion.

I've got it now! My updated guess is that eventhough Angelos is not "involved in the everyday business", he has told MacPhail how to run the franchise within certain confines.

E.G. -

1)Don't spend a lot of money on any free agent,

2)don't make any big trades,

3)just sign mid level guys and retreads and

4)show a little improvement.

After all, we all hate losing but bringing in new names (and a lot of retreads to compete out of spring training) somewhat keeps the die hards coming back to park and gives them something to talk about. In the end, modest attendance, MASN and MLB Revenue income keeps Peter rich.

Archived