Wynn Pelzer

section36

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it hilarious that the Orioles are getting a guy named Wynn (win).

I think we should have targeted a better pitcher and ate some (if not all) of Tejada's salary. As far as we know eating his salary would not have allowed us to land anyone better. We might have been better off digging up Early Wynn then dealing for this guy. I must say that I know nothing about this guy other than Sickels saying that he was a B prospect which seems like a fair return for Tejada.

Wow, this is a pretty bad trade if you ask me. Wynn Pelzer has some garbage minor league stats and he is another pitcher. We have plenty of those in the minors. For a starting thirdbasemen with Tejada's rep I would think you could have gotten more.

I rate this trade a D. And yeah, I know it opens the door for Bell but I would have hoped the Orioles would have gotten a better prospect than Pelzer.

Wow, this is a pretty bad trade if you ask me. Wynn Pelzer has some garbage minor league stats and he is another pitcher. We have plenty of those in the minors. For a starting thirdbasemen with Tejada's rep I would think you could have gotten more.

I rate this trade a D. And yeah, I know it opens the door for Bell but I would have hoped the Orioles would have gotten a better prospect than Pelzer.

An over-the-hill shortstop,turned third baseman, who's a shell of his former steroid ridden self?

They were lucky to get anything.

I think we should have targeted a better pitcher and ate some (if not all) of Tejada's salary. As far as we know eating his salary would not have allowed us to land anyone better. We might have been better off digging up Early Wynn then dealing for this guy. I must say that I know nothing about this guy other than Sickels saying that he was a B prospect which seems like a fair return for Tejada.

First, we clearly DID eat some contract, if there's money being exchanged. What money would the Pads give us towards Pelzer's MiLB contract?

Second, how much do you think 2 months of a guy who has put up a .680 OPS and a WAR of .1 over 100 games is worth?

So Pelzer regressed this year. That's what you get in these trades. It's a solid haul. A C+/B- at a minimum, in my book. BA has his FB and SL as the best in organization and Sickels has him at No. 5 in the Pads system.

No, you're right, a "D" is appropriate, based on Tejada's "reputation."

For a starting thirdbasemen with Tejada's rep I would think you could have gotten more.

Rep means nothing to other teams when you are having as bad of a season as Miguel is. I can see not being excited about the return, but being upset about the deal is a little outlandish, IMO.

Archived