The Overslotters I want to Sign

Of course we all want Machado, Klein, Anderson etc to sign, but thats not who I am talking about here. I am talking about the late round overslotters who I like and hope we sign.

Kenneth Wise is one of my favs, he is a big kid at 6'6, but has a 91-93 MPH FB to go along with a plus 82-84MPH slider. He is a JuCo kid and Joe Jordan obviously saw a lot of value here.

Austin Urban is also one of my favorites. 88-93 MPH FB, touches as high as 95, flashes a plus slider. He is a fast riser from HS, hope we sign him, he'd be an asset.

Jaime Esquivel is another one I like a lot. Low 90's FB, curveball flashes plus and the kid has some solid projection left in him...

Joe Robinson out of CSN where Bryce Harper played. 91-94 MPH FB that can touch as high as 96 on occasions. Solid average slider and changeup, excellent command.

Daniel Torres is a good defensive catcher out of HS. He shows good power potential but will be a tough sign.....

Hayden Jordan is a HSer with a 87-91 MPH FB, his curve flashes plus, has a feel for the changeup. He is a pretty big kid at 6'2 195, but looking at his legs, I believe he has some projection left in him.

Phillip Walby another kid out of Scripps Ranch, the same HS Sawyer our 6th rounder is out of. Walby has a solid FB that can touch 93 with good command, and a solid pitcher's frame.

I want to say, these kids were listed in no particular order, I am just pretty high on every one of them and hope we sign as many as possible. There is a ton of potential later on in this draft and it would certainly make our draft much improved, even though I already think its a pretty good draft assuming we sign our intended guys...

I am surprised we haven't heard anything about anyone else yet. Last year, it was about this time that the news came out that we had our eyes on 3 remaining potential signees, all overslotters which we ended up signing Ohlman and Coffey of the 2, then later added in Givens....

Who are we eyeing I wonder......

Archived