Good God, the Whining Is Intolerable

peter snees

honestly, that probably makes sense (I can't tell sarcasm anymore today around here) But he is in the bereavment list right now so Im not sure he IS able to go anywhere.

Now you can argue that he should have been traded before, but I doubt anyone could predict the passing of his grandmother

No it doesn't...It makes ZERO sense...He could have been dealt before his GMom died...He could still have been dealt.

You know what i am tired of? Incompetency. Stupidity. Lack of common sense, intelligence and knowledge....That is what i am talking about(speaking about the O's here)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it doesn't...It makes ZERO sense...He could have been dealt before his GMom died...He could still have been dealt.

You know what i am tired of? Incompetency. Stupidity. Lack of common sense, intelligence and knowledge....That is what i am talking about(speaking about the O's here)

what I'm saying is all I know is that he is on the bereavement list - are you saying that him being on that list does not preclude him from being traded? I honestly dont know.

Another thing...why do all of you consider Kris Benson to be such a valuable commodity? Has he really been anything more than mediocre this year? His ERA is terrible...

4.71 isn't great, but it is definately NOT terrible.

...his K to BB walk ratio is atrocious...

It's bad, and his strikeout and K/BB rates are declining, but atrocious is definately not the word to use.

...He has 62 strikeouts on the year. How is he productive?

He has never been a good pitcher and he will never be a good pitcher, why does everyone act like he is good and a legit # 2 or 3 starter?

He's a "legit #2 or #3 starter" on this team until the other pitchers prove themselves.

He's also signed at a reasonable contract through next year.

He averages six innings-plus a start for his career, as well as this season.

And his monthly splits:

April: 3.45

May: 6.03

June: 3.23

July: 6.52

So he seems to be somewhat streaky, but this is definately what I was talking about with the "every single player stinks" point-of-view.

Snees I'm all for crowd-control threads, especially when people are leaping out burning buildings. You know it's bad around here when half the threads are about the Hangout instead of the Orioles. But seriously now - do you have to use Teletubbies for the childish reference? Those little nightmares are like a colorful, pansexual version of the aliens from Communion. They give me the higgidy-jiggabies something fierce.

Next time please use Dora the Explorer, or perhaps Blues Clues. Cheers!

I still don't understand how people could be happy with the events of the last two weeks.

For anyone who thinks we can turn the corner with this bunch is not watching the same game I am.

We had a chance to get rid of some dead weight and pick up some prospects at least. Half the people we wanted to get rid of will not be on the team next year anyways, and if they do, we could easily replace them in FA or through trading them.

There was no reason to be status quo.

If you don't like disgruntled fans, after all of this losing and the same song and dance, go find another hobby.

For anyone who thinks we can turn the corner with this bunch is not watching the same game I am.

Yup. Well, I am over my angst about the failure to improve the club via trading, and Loewen's generally good performance helped that (ok, he needs to develop the ability to last longer in the game). And the fact that I refuse to let the O's ruin my full day, any day.

But I'll say this - those of you who think the O's will compete seriously before Tejada's contract is finished are absolute fools.

Unfortunately, I was in NYC today on business so I was going nuts trying to find out news on the O's. Just got back.

Obviously, up there all the news was Abreu and the Sanchez accident. Between tearing apart the White sox, Angels, and Astros for not making any deals, nothing came up in the O's until someone called and asked where Tejada ended up. The announcers just laughed, and said the O's had done nothing. I almost vomited at their laughter. Once again, the O's are content to accept next to last, and perhaps last by the end of the year.

This has now reached a ridiculous phase. Apparently, they are happy with continual losing records as actions speak louder then words. I don't care what Flanagan or Angelos says...it is just rhetoric. They don't want to spend the money or are so paralyzed to make a mistake that they do nothing.

An interesting interview with Cashman on ESPN while I was up there. Much as I hate the Yankees, he was impressive, talking about winning, being a contender, and getting in the playoffs is worth risks. It's not enough to simply talk about winning, actions need to be taken to get the job done. He was getting hammered about signing Lidle, and Cashman did not back down in support of his new players.

Anyway, I've had enough for this year. Going to take a vacation, and get ready for football. O's baseball is done for the year. I'll get my hopes up again next year. It is just too painful to watch for now.

Inaction means contentment with the status quo.

You self rightious people accusing everyone of whining have been singing the same apologetic tune for the last five years. All of your woulda, shoulda , coulda explanations and excuses for losing denies one simple fact, the Orioles are losers and they have been losing longer then at anytime in their history. So you can continue with the personal attacks but the simple fact remains the team did not get any better today and they're still going to lose.

That doesn't sit well with me and with many die hard fans, that's right, die hard loyal fans. Being a loyal fan doesn't mean you turn a blind eye to reality. It means calling a spade a spade. By the end of the year this team will have lost for nine years in a row and that is intolerable to me and should be intolerable to you. No amount of self righteous denial will change that.

Archived