Good God, the Whining Is Intolerable

peter snees

Please cite your sources for these deals that we coulda shoulda made. When did we turn down Baker for Hawkins and who did we not want to trade to get Wilson a free agent that we might very well get this winter? The Mets took OPerez in the deal for Hernandez and therefore didn't have a need for Lopez. They had to act fast to replace Sanchez before the deadline. Were it not for the accident we probably would have moved Lopez for Chavez.

You ar eon this board everyday...The Baker/Hawkins thing has been mentioned a million times.

Chacon and Rodrigo are the same...Even if we had to include a BRian Finch type guy, it would have made sense for us.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rather than go through All of Rockbirds tantrum yet again let me say what I said last night about the rotation next year and ask him - again - to explain why I am unreasonable.

Bedard, Benson - yes Benson is only under control throught the end of next year, but we are talking about 07, not 08. These two are in barring something VERY weird.

You mean something weird like Benson demanding to be traded (as is his right)? Yeah -- I could see that happening. Weird. No one can guarantee that Benson will be here next year. We can speculate that he would want to stay here and work with Leo, but that's all it is -- speculation. Until the time passes that he can no longer demand a trade (winter meetings, I think?), I can not and will not count on Benson being in our 2007 rotation.

Not so simple as your mind. Yes, interest was at one time expressed for example in RLo by the Mets's; they in fact were in the process of making a deal for him for Endy Chavez but unfortunatly Sanchez was injured in an auto accident and they had to trade for a reliever. Except for Angelos being Satan and willing these things to occur how is that the FO's mistake.

Wow. It's too bad we didn't have any relievers that we could've traded to them. ::cough cough Hawkins cough cough:: :rolleyes:

Please cite your sources for these deals that we coulda shoulda made. When did we turn down Baker for Hawkins and who did we not want to trade to get Wilson a free agent that we might very well get this winter?

Gordo Gordo Gordo. We will not sign Craig Wilson as a FA. We don't do deals like that. #1 he will be 30 years-old, not 40 this off-season. :rolleyes: #2 -- he has an injury history -- Pete doesn't sign off on deals for injury-history guys. #3 -- he will command big bucks in the FA market -- well, big bucks in respect to Pete's wallet and pitiful $60 million payroll. Again, Pete doesn't sign off on those deals. We will get another Conine-Millar $2 million/year "veteran presence" type guy in the FA market. And we will be doomed for another year of mediocrity. I'm resigned to it -- you should be too.

Witchy

You ar eon this board everyday...The Baker/Hawkins thing has been mentioned a million times.

Chacon and Rodrigo are the same...Even if we had to include a BRian Finch type guy, it would have made sense for us.

I see if you or anyone else suggest a trade here it automatically goes to the FO and is submitted to the other teams? I didn't read anything here about straight up trade Hawkins for Baker being offered by the Rox or rejected by us. I read alot of speculation.

You mean something weird like Benson demanding to be traded (as is his right)? Yeah -- I could see that happening. Weird. No one can guarantee that Benson will be here next year. We can speculate that he would want to stay here and work with Leo, but that's all it is -- speculation. Until the time passes that he can no longer demand a trade (winter meetings, I think?), I can not and will not count on Benson being in our 2007 rotation.

Wow. It's too bad we didn't have any relievers that we could've traded to them. ::cough cough Hawkins cough cough:: :r

Gordo Gordo Gordo. We will not sign Craig Wilson as a FA. We don't do deals like that. #1 he will be 30 years-old, not 40 this off-season. :rolleyes: #2 -- he has an injury history -- Pete doesn't sign off on deals for injury-history guys. #3 -- he will command big bucks in the FA market -- well, big bucks in respect to Pete's wallet and pitiful $60 million payroll. Again, Pete doesn't sign off on those deals. We will get another Conine-Millar $2 million/year "veteran presence" type guy in the FA market. And we will be doomed for another year of mediocrity. I'm resigned to it -- you should be too.

Witchy

Could it be? yes, it is, it sounds like a Whiiiiiine.

. Can you tell me what the offers were for RLo ,Javy Conine and Hawkins? Or does it not matter to you; we should just give thes guys away because they aren't having good years and you don't like them any more.

There probably were no offers for RLo Javy, Conine, Millar, Hawkins, Williams, or ERodriguez. Why, because no one wants them.Why? Because they aren't as good as other players available, meaning that even the other bad teams have better talent than the Orioles. How do I know? Because if anyone offered anything for them, they'd be gone.

Gordo, Witchy Chick raised the same arguements many others have. Whiiiiiine or not, you couldn't refute them, particularly this...

We will get another Conine-Millar $2 million/year "veteran presence" type guy in the FA market. And we will be doomed for another year of mediocrity. I'm resigned to it -- you should be too.

There probably were no offers for RLo Javy, Conine, Millar, Hawkins, Williams, or ERodriguez. Why, because no one wants them.Why? Because they aren't as good as other players available, meaning that even the other bad teams have better talent than the Orioles. .

This is all just very wrong and it has no basis behind it whatsoever.

There probably were no offers for RLo Javy, Conine, Millar, Hawkins, Williams, or ERodriguez. Why, because no one wants them.Why? Because they aren't as good as other players available, meaning that even the other bad teams have better talent than the Orioles. How do I know? Because if anyone offered anything for them, they'd be gone.
Horse hockey. We know that actual offers have been made for some of these guys. I don't care what you get for them, just get them off this team and away from my damn TV!

IMO, the FO was so preoccupied with Tejada, they "didn't have time" to trade the other guys, no matter what was being offered.

Right. There's only two of them there, I can COMPLETELY understand why they got nothing done and other GMs got multiple deals done. Makes perfect sense.

Archived