Blockbuster brewing???

bigbird

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Angels? The Cubs?

Aside from Wood (maybe Adenhart) and Pie what do those clubs have, talent-wise, that we should be interested in?

No, you go to the Diamondbacks and Dodgers, clubs awash in minor league talent.......

Are clubs clinging that fiercly to prospects that we have to scrape the bottom of the barrel?

:confused:

The Angels? The Cubs?

Aside from Wood (maybe Adenhart) and Pie what do those clubs have, talent-wise, that we should be interested in?

No, you go to the Diamondbacks and Dodgers, clubs awash in minor league talent.......

Are clubs clinging that fiercly to prospects that we have to scrape the bottom of the barrel?

:confused:

The D-Backs shouldn't and aren't interested in either of these guys. Tejada is a downgrade for them at both SS and 3B.

The Dodgers make sense for Tejada.

The only reason I can see trading Ramon is they don't like his work ethnic.Along with Tejada I think Trembley wants to weed out guys that aren't team players. Not crazy about the fact we're not going after any big bats. Hopefully we won't be stuck with Patterson' date='Payton and Millar starting next year. I'd much rather see Reimold and Fio out there. The Cubs seem like a better match but since Stoneman is gone maybe the Angels will loosen up.[/quote']

Hey, come on now, let's not play the race card...;)

Roberts would have a tough time marching into Angelos' office with Cindy hanging onto his leg! (and her son hanging on the other leg wielding my knives that he stole to protect himself from the nasty chow chow that lives down the street!) :D

Aw, come on. Don't you know he's perfect? Of course he could overcome minor obstacles like Cindy, her son, and a $387 dollar package of knives.

Of course, if they brought along the nasty dog with them, all bets are off! ;)

I think McPhail is looking for a 5 or 6 for two deal. Do either of these teams have that kind of quality or quantity. Perhaps the Cubs? Pinella likes experienced catchers who can work with pitchers. So Hernandez fits the bill.

How about our two for:

Murton

Hill

Marmol

Cedeno

Pie

?

The D-Backs shouldn't and aren't interested in either of these guys. Tejada is a downgrade for them at both SS and 3B.

The Dodgers make sense for Tejada.

Agreed the Dodgers could go after Tejada, but if bigbird's info is right, why on Earth would the Dodgers want to take back Hernandez? They have arguably the best catcher in the NL.

I still think it's the Cubs, and they just aren't ready to hand the job over to Soto full time yet.

I think McPhail is looking for a 5 or 6 for two deal. do either of these teams have that kind of quality or quzntity. Perhaps the Cubs? Pinella likes experienced catchers can work with pitchers. So Hernandez fits the bill.

How our two for:

Murton

Hill

Momal

Cedeno

Pie

?

Wow, no way we get all that talent back. Hill isn't coming back in a Tejada deal of any kind, I would guess the Cubbies have no interest in trading him. Murton is certainly a possibility, but I doubt we could get both Murton or Pie.

What's the Cubs OF situation look like next year? They obviously have Soriano in left, who do they have lined up for center and right? Is Jones still there, I know they were happy with him at the end of the season.

How about Pie, Murton, Cedeno, and Marmol/Wuertz for Tejada, Hernandez and cash?

Agreed the Dodgers could go after Tejada, but if bigbird's info is right, why on Earth would the Dodgers want to take back Hernandez? They have arguably the best catcher in the NL.

I still think it's the Cubs, and they just aren't ready to hand the job over to Soto full time yet.

If we accept four for two, don't you think Hill has to be in the deal?

I think McPhail is looking for a 5 or 6 for two deal. Do either of these teams have that kind of quality or quantity. Perhaps the Cubs? Pinella likes experienced catchers who can work with pitchers. So Hernandez fits the bill.

How about our two for:

Murton

Hill

Marmol

Cedeno

Pie

?

We probably wouldn't get that much for Bedard and Tejada.

Not sure i like the sound of this when i think about it.

Why would the Angels want Ramon? They have Mathis and Napoli...So, if they take back Ramon, chanes are we will get less for Miggy.

Not sure this is a smart thing to do.

It doesn't make sense for the Cubs either but maybe they don't feel Soto is ready to take over full time duties or they think his numbers were way too inflated at AAA this year.

I'm thinking perhaps it could be Miggy to the Angels, Ramon to the Cubs.

Wow, no way we get all that talent back. Hill isn't coming back in a Tejada deal of any kind, I would guess the Cubbies have no interest in trading him. Murton is certainly a possibility, but I doubt we could get both Murton or Pie.

What's the Cubs OF situation look like next year? They obviously have Soriano in left, who do they have lined up for center and right? Is Jones still there, I know they were happy with him at the end of the season.

How about Pie, Murton, Cedeno, and Marmol/Wuertz for Tejada, Hernandez and cash?

If we accept four for two, don't you think Hill has to be included in the deal?

If we accept four for two, don't you think Hill has to be in the deal?
No chance Hill is coming back unless he's the only guy or Bedard is in the trade.

For Tejada and Hernandez something like Pie, Marshall, and Marmol or Cedeno if we eat a lot of salary might work, but even that is a lot.

Archived