Astros have bad management at the top

Redskins Rick

I made a crack a couple of weeks ago about the Astros and how bad they are.

Somebody pointed out that they have a bright future down the road, and they do.

This current flap is evidence they are clueless. 9.74 and almost 2.0 WHIP at high A, get's a promotion to double A, and a media visit to the big league stadium and throwing session.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/27/astros-players-upset-over-mark-appels-promotion-to-double-a-bullpen-session-in-houston/

I made a crack a couple of weeks ago about the Astros and how bad they are.

Somebody pointed out that they have a bright future down the road, and they do.

This current flap is evidence they are clueless. 9.74 and almost 2.0 WHIP at high A, get's a promotion to double A, and a media visit to the big league stadium and throwing session.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/27/astros-players-upset-over-mark-appels-promotion-to-double-a-bullpen-session-in-houston/

Lancaster is one of the most hitter friendly parks in the minor leagues. I don't see what the big deal is and on top of it, maybe the Astros wanted their big league staff to see what could be wrong with their multi-million dollar investment? I think the Astros players over reacted. It's not like they promoted him to the big leagues.

Lancaster is one of the most hitter friendly parks in the minor leagues. I don't see what the big deal is and on top of it, maybe the Astros wanted their big league staff to see what could be wrong with their multi-million dollar investment? I think the Astros players over reacted. It's not like they promoted him to the big leagues.

Hasn't Hader been excelling in Lancaster?

Hasn't Hader been excelling in Lancaster?

Your point? I'm not saying Appel is doing great, I just don't see the big uproar over what the Astros are doing? Every starter who has started more than ten games other than Hader have an ERA over 4. Appel is clearly doing worse than all of them and if they want to be upset over Appel getting promoted they have a good beef, but I don't get why the major leaguers are so concerned over this.

BTW, I'm happy to see Hader doing so well.

Agreed. Their ML players need to worry about their team because they're looking like the worst team in MLB for the 4th straight year.

Thanks for filling in the other side of the story.

Archived