BP on Bundy, Bleeker & Heim

SpOkane

A quick, interesting read from BP's CJ Wittmann.

"Bundy showed a present advanced arsenal and it was hard to believe this was the same guy I saw struggle last season."

"Bleeker is still raw to pitching, but he has a big-league future in the bullpen."

"Heim will be a plus defender and just below-average hitter allowing him to be a regular at the big-league level."

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=26154

Overall encouraging look at Bundy. I admit I was shocked by the comments and grade his cutter received. When drafted a lot of folks said that his cutter was his best pitch.

When I have watched him, I have never thought much of it. Maybe because he shelved it and only threw it intermittently.

Because of the organizational stance on young pitchers throwing the cutter I'm not that surprised Bundy has regressed some in one persons opinion of how the pitch grades out. However, I'm not of the same opinion of Rick Peterson in its potential harm to the arm, but I reserve the right to change this in the future.

I still think Bundy can develop the pitch after developing his other secondaries and, so, the plan does make sense in that regard. Rick Peterson is well respected throughout baseball and consistently is at the forefront of development of new technologies in the game. We're blessed to have him.

Because of the organizational stance on young pitchers throwing the cutter I'm not that surprised Bundy has regressed some in one persons opinion of how the pitch grades out. However, I'm not of the same opinion of Rick Peterson in its potential harm to the arm, but I reserve the right to change this in the future.

I still think Bundy can develop the pitch after developing his other secondaries and, so, the plan does make sense in that regard. Rick Peterson is well respected throughout baseball and consistently is at the forefront of development of new technologies in the game. We're blessed to have him.

He was with Bundy all last week when Bundy was in Harrisburg. Still doing his two string bullpens.

Archived