Rasheed Sulaimon expected to commit to Terps.

I would have rather had Damion Lee but this is a good pickup. Being #1 in the preseason poll would be so awesome. That alone could lead to some big recruits having major interest in us next year. Maryland is becoming an elite basketball program once again.

So who gets less playing time if he commits? And at what cost? In other words, how do you keep Nickens and Wiley happy enough so you don't risk having them transfer from the program?

Sure they could look to transfer, but really if they want a chance for a championship and national exposure they wouldn't go anywhere else and have to sit out a season. The majority of the starters will probably be gone after next season and the playing time will be there for them.

I would have rather had Damion Lee but this is a good pickup. Being #1 in the preseason poll would be so awesome. That alone could lead to some big recruits having major interest in us next year. Maryland is becoming an elite basketball program once again.

Lee definitely seemed like the safer bet to me also, but he didn't pick us. Sulaimon has more talent while being tested against much tougher competition. His problem is with himself. So the potential could actually be higher or much lower than Lee. And it's not like Nickens is some scub should Sulaimon flop. This is a team to get excited for no matter what!

Sure they could look to transfer, but really if they want a chance for a championship and national exposure they wouldn't go anywhere else and have to sit out a season. The majority of the starters will probably be gone after next season and the playing time will be there for them.

That's all true. Hopefully they are mature enough to see the big picture and the benefits you outline. We shall see.

I think Rasheed will be highly motivated to prove his doubters wrong.

Wow, this team has the potential to be absolutely stacked. I don't see why anyone would transfer. Not if they want to opportunity to win and possibly achieve something amazing. Everyone is going to get playing time, and if they didn't this year they would next year (particularly Nickens and Wiley, and they have three years of eligibility left).

Holy (&^%^*$%#$&%$*&^%*(&^*). Is it November yet? Jeff Goodman of ESPN said that we could be ranked #1 to start the season. Maryland have never been ranked #1 in school history.........................

Well there was that one time...after the season was finished.

That's all true. Hopefully they are mature enough to see the big picture the benefits you outline. We shall see.

I think Rasheed will be highly motivated to prove his doubters wrong.

I hope he does have that chip on his shoulder. He can be a dangerous player for sure.

And it's not the same situation as Dez was in at all, but Dez really used that whole thing as motivation to prove his doubters wrong also. Sulaimon has to do as you say in gaining that maturity.

Wow, this team has the potential to be absolutely stacked. I don't see why anyone would transfer. Not if they want to opportunity to win and possibly achieve something amazing. Everyone is going to get playing time, and if they didn't this year they would next year (particularly Nickens and Wiley, and they have three years of eligibility left).

Sulaimon will fit in pretty well to what Maryland actually needs on the court.

Melo is one of the best PG in college basketball who can now focus more on his PG skills rather than try to carry the offense. Stone, Dodd, & Ceko (Bender too) provide a ton of size, with Carter also coming in as a very solid four to provide toughness and some decent shooting as well. Layman can now go back to his better suited small forward position. The only thing they lack now is a quality shooter who can can also slash and provide some athleticism. Nickens can turn into that wing someday but right now he is just a catch and shoot guy. Wiley looks to lose the most from this but I think he can also be great down the road. Also Brantley coming in will help to distribute the ball better to all these weapons. Sulaimon seems to be the perfect fit...if he has reformed & rechecked the attitude.

Archived