O's have made final offer to vlad

Guest Hayden2004

There are so many reports out right now that the Orioles have given theie 'final' offer, or that they are making 'progress' or that they are 'close'.

I am not saying that for 100% sure Vlad WILL NOT sign here... but as of this point nothing is remotely as close as the reports seem to make it sound.

Ok, but I'm just getting a bad feeling about this, I just want this to end soon.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vlad is a luxary to me. Like to have him, but he's not the difference between a playoff team or a WS contender. It's not like he's the Vlad we wanted 6 years ago. Make for a more interesting lineup, but im ok with a Reimold/Pie platoon also. I'm more interested in seeing if adding a bat like Reynolds helps Markakis, and if Wieters takes the next step, or if Matusz shows he is a true #1 starter. And I think 2011 is most important for Adam Jones, and his longterm future with the O's. And as for Vlad, his options are limited. I see the Angels, Rangers, Blue Jays and O's. If it's between the O's and Tor and money is close, i think he picks the O's. But, i think he's holding out in hopes of the Angels or Texas coming up with some dough. I personally feel he'd be a Yankee already if they hadn't signed Jones.

Vlad is a luxary to me. Like to have him, but he's not the difference between a playoff team or a WS contender. It's not like he's the Vlad we wanted 6 years ago. Make for a more interesting lineup, but im ok with a Reimold/Pie platoon also. I'm more interested in seeing if adding a bat like Reynolds helps Markakis, and if Wieters takes the next step, or if Matusz shows he is a true #1 starter. And I think 2011 is most important for Adam Jones, and his longterm future with the O's. And as for Vlad, his options are limited. I see the Angels, Rangers, Blue Jays and O's. If it's between the O's and Tor and money is close, i think he picks the O's. But, i think he's holding out in hopes of the Angels or Texas coming up with some dough. I personally feel he'd be a Yankee already if they hadn't signed Jones.

Some old guy (a fan) said on 105.7 the fan that he heard Vlad was close to signing with the Yankees, then again it sounded like he was just another bitter O's fan whining about how the O's always get used by high profile players and agents during negotiations and that the O's wouldn't be able to outbid the Yankees.

Some old guy (a fan) said on 105.7 the fan that he heard Vlad was close to signing with the Yankees, then again it sounded like he was just another bitter O's fan whining about how the O's always get used by high profile players and agents during negotiations and that the O's wouldn't be able to outbid the Yankees.

Where would he play or hit for the Yankees? Then again I could see the Yanks offering Vlad 8mill.

Not unless there are going to put Posada behind the plate or have him spell Teixeira at 1B.

They did sign Russell Martin which I just remembered LOL, so that would eliminate the Vlad scenario. I just want this to come to an end and for something to be finalized, the rumors are getting on my nerves lol.

Why is your say on this matter any more worthwhile than a bunch of well respected writers?

Because Andy MacPhail isn't speaking to the press and basically has the whole wharehouse on lockdown when it comes to knowledge about roster moves... he wants NOTHING going to the press.

If I had to choose between my source and a writer... i'll take my source 1,000 times out of 1,000 times.

I'm on board with everyone else. I was not comfortable with the reported 2m offer, but like most have been saying 5m seems like it fits. Ihave been for signing him all along. Those against I don't understand. Pie and Reimold have way more question marks then Vlad. I don't see a down side. We owe Pie and Reimold nothing. I think they both can be assets as role players.

I'm on board with everyone else. I was not comfortable with the reported 2m offer, but like most have been saying 5m seems like it fits. Ihave been for signing him all along. Those against I don't understand. Pie and Reimold have way more question marks then Vlad. I don't see a down side. We owe Pie and Reimold nothing. I think they both can be assets as role players.

We really don't know what is going on and how much the O's are truly willing to offer. One day it's 2mil, next day it's 3mil, another day it's 3-5mil, as of this morning Buster Olney reported the O's final offer was $4.5-5mil. We'll just have to keep waiting this out and see how this will get resolved.

I think the O's view Reimold as more then a role player at this point. They refused several trades involving him. Unless, they are working on a bigger deal involving him for a SP. And with Adam Jones not showing he can finish an entire 162 game season without some type of injury, I don't feel comfortable trading Pie just yet. I just wonder if the O's are entertaining the idea of putting Pie in CF, and trading Jones for a starting pitcher?

Archived