What if Reimold has a monster spring?

Greg Pappas

I'd like to know how Pie gets in a game as a starter other than giving Jones a rest and I'm not even sure that happens once a week. You think Buck is going to rest Scott against a RHP so he can put Pie in there? You think Buck is going to sit Scott against a LHP and put Pie in there?

Like I said, i think 2 of Vlad, Lee and Scott get 1 game off a week, for the most part.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vlad is going to be rested a lot, probabaly at least once a week. Also Lee will be rested a lot. With Luke moving to DH or 1B, Pie will start in LF. Plus go in for Jones on occasion.

This is my point. If Vlad is rested, would anyone on here prefer Pie to Reimold taking that DH spot?

Pie has no value...Trading him for the sake of trading him makes no sense.

Reimold will get his time, he just has to wait right now.

You are correct, Pie has little value and there is a reason for that.

In the posts I read from you, you seem to want the best team on the field. I can not see Pie taking ABs from Reimold in anyway, just because Reimold has an option left. He is 27 years old and a better hitter. Use any numbers you want, they all show it. Personally, I dont want a defensive replacement on my bench.

This is my point. If Vlad is rested, would anyone on here prefer Pie to Reimold taking that DH spot?
Maybe no one here, but I think Buck might. Unlike many here, he values defense. No one likes to mention it, but we have a very average at best, defensive OF. Pie is the best OF defender on the team. Reimold is the worst.

Maybe no one here, but I think Buck might. Unlike many here, he values defense. No one likes to mention it, but we have a very average at best, defensive OF. Pie is the best OF defender on the team. Reimold is the worst.

Nick is well above average. Jones won a gold glove, although not deserved. He is at least average. Whoever plays left is below average. That does not add up to an average "at best" outfield.

Nick is well above average. Jones won a gold glove, although not deserved. He is at least average. Whoever plays left is below average. That does not add up to an average "at best" outfield.

Reimold has a shotgun arm and pretty good speed. He's at least average.

You are correct, Pie has little value and there is a reason for that.
Yes, his health.
In the posts I read from you, you seem to want the best team on the field. I can not see Pie taking ABs from Reimold in anyway, just because Reimold has an option left. He is 27 years old and a better hitter. Use any numbers you want, they all show it. Personally, I dont want a defensive replacement on my bench
The WAR for each player would be very close...Reimold has the edge offensively, Pie defensively. Pie can play CF, Reimold can't. Pie has no options, Reimold does. These are very simple concepts and reasons why Pie should be on the team over Reimold.
Not true.

Reimold has a shotgun arm and pretty good speed. He's at least average.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. Reimold can be an above average outfielder. He played most of his Mil career in RF, he is fast and he has the strongest arm on the roster.

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. Reimold can be an above average outfielder. He played most of his Mil career in RF, he is fast and he has the strongest arm on the roster.

But he also gets poor reads and poor jumps. There is more to defense than your arm strength and speed.

Now, I do think people pile on Reimold's defense too much on here, especially when you consider the injury he had last year.

But he is likely never going to be more than an average-ish defensive OFer...which is fine.

Stronger than Nick's? No.

Reimold does have a good arm and decent range in left, but I feel like his instincts are extremely lacking. This is especially noticeable on balls hit in front of him. His reaction time is quite slow.

That being said, I think he's an average outfielder and certainly not a butcher out there. Pie, however, is better. Don't forget that he has a rocket for an arm as well, and much better speed.

Stronger than Nick's? No.

Reimold does have a good arm and decent range in left, but I feel like his instincts are extremely lacking. This is especially noticeable on balls hit in front of him. His reaction time is quite slow.

That being said, I think he's an average outfielder and certainly not a butcher out there. Pie, however, is better. Don't forget that he has a rocket for an arm as well, and much better speed.

Hell, everyone in our OF has a really good arm with the exception of Scott, whose arm is probably average or so.

But Jones, Pie, Reimold and Nick all have accurate, strong arms.

I am not sure if there is an OF in baseball that collectively has better arms than the guys we can put out there.

Hell, everyone in our OF has a really good arm with the exception of Scott, whose arm is probably average or so.

But Jones, Pie, Reimold and Nick all have accurate, strong arms.

I am not sure if there is an OF in baseball that collectively has better arms than the guys we can put out there.

Agree completely, although I don't think Jones' arm is as accurate as Pie or Nick's.

For my money, Nick's arm is by far the best in the OF when considering both strength and accuracy.

Nick is below average, Jones is barely average(poor range, great arm) and Scott used to be above average but who knows now. I'd say a little below. Pie is by far our best defensive OF.

Archived