The 2011 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

These are 2 that can be heard possibly every game he does lol.

1. He needs to constantly remind us that its 60 ft 6 inches from the mound to home plate.

2. If we are winning 5-2 in the 9th, he says "The Orioles need 3 outs before the other team gets 3 runs, it's that simple".

Not knocking him though because I can't stand Jim Hunter and how Palmer puts up with him game after game blows my mind lol

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone catch this, and I'm off with my numbers I'm sure-

Hunter: The O's were 42-16 when scoring 5 or more runs last year

Palmer: That'll work...

Reminded me of Major League 2, Hunter just needed to come back with a "Dynamite drop in Monty, that broadcasting school is really paying off"

"....pitched 4,000 innings, supposed to be an analyst, i know something about pitching....i don't see him with this stuff getting good hitters out at the major league level..."

Palmer on Tillman.

Gotta love the quick resume there. Thanks, Jim. We didn't know.

haha...'I drive a Dodge Stratus. I'm a division director in charge of 49 people! People are scared of me! I can do 100 push-ups in 20 minutes!'

:2yay-thumb:

I forget who the SP was, but Hunter said "He's really got a good breaking ball today."

Palmer replied: "Well, at least Adam (Jones) is making it look good. It's not such a good pitch if the hitter doesn't swing at it every time".

(I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact wording...but that was the jist of it.)

These are 2 that can be heard possibly every game he does lol.

1. He needs to constantly remind us that its 60 ft 6 inches from the mound to home plate.

2. If we are winning 5-2 in the 9th, he says "The Orioles need 3 outs before the other team gets 3 runs, it's that simple".

Not knocking him though because I can't stand Jim Hunter and how Palmer puts up with him game after game blows my mind lol

Hah...he said it again just now.

EDIT: though obviously he listed more outs needed.

Archived