4/16 - @ Indians

nevadaO

Anybody know the specifics of the MLB/Fox Saturday afternoon blackout rules as they pertain to rain delays? Since it was a scheduled 1:05 start, we don't have to worry about this game suddenly getting blacked out because it'll actually begin between the 1:10 to 7:10 no-go window, right?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody know the specifics of the MLB/Fox Saturday afternoon blackout rules as they pertain to rain delays? Since it was a scheduled 1:05 start, we don't have to worry about this game suddenly getting blacked out because it'll actually begin between the 1:10 to 7:10 no-go window, right?

not sure but the fox coverage begins at 4:10

So, we can only watch until 4:10? Or, are we good b/c there is a rain delay?

all I know is this Mets Vs Braves, Twins Vs Rays, Angels Vs White Sox are the only games being covered by Fox, so I don't think they'd blackout a game not covered by fox would they?

all I know is this Mets Vs Braves, Twins Vs Rays, Angels Vs White Sox are the only games being covered by Fox, so I don't think they'd blackout a game not covered by fox would they?

After a little research, here's the official rule:

On a Saturday when the first MLB game to be telecast by Fox starts at 4:10pm ET games that start at 1:10pm ET or earlier and 7:05pm ET or later will be included in the package. No games that begin between 1:10pm ET and 7:05pm ET will be included.

So, typically, its all games that start between those times that get blacked out, because they want you to watch the Fox game, no matter what it happens to be (Im also assuming that ESPN also has such a deal in place for Sunday nights).

All signs point to us being exempt since it was technically a 1:05 start time, so its a moot point now!

Archived