We're waiting on ARod

bigbird

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is his agent justifing this?

At most, Bedard makes 18 million the next 2 years in FA...Then, he could be looking at 18 million a year for the next 3 years after that...So, that is 5/72.

THat is Bedard saying this is best case scenario for me the next 5 years and that the Orioles take on all the risk and pay every cent....And then he wants 8 million more than that?

There is absolutely no chance I would even consider that contract.

And you say that it would help if we rebuild...Why is that??

No his agent hasnt told me any offers. But he told me that once he hits FA..look out. It will be impossible to sign him back.

You make this team better and he may stay for less. maybe.

No his agent hasnt told me any offers. But he told me that once he hits FA..look out. It will be impossible to sign him back.

You make this team better and he may stay for less. maybe.

I am sure this is true....But he isn't a FA yet and he can't look at his status now like that.

What he makes the next 2 years in arbitration has to be considered.

Well then let him go year to year till he is a FA and see.

Nah...Trade him now.

We can get a ton for him and it is what is best for the long term future of the team.

Great pitcher...Hate to see him go but if you trade him, Miggy and BRob, you can get 7+ top prospects/young MLers and completely turn this franchise around in the matter of a few weeks.

That is an oppurtunity that we can't pass up IMO.

Would you say he is in his prime SG?

Yes and I would say he is a top 10 pitcher.

But we need a lot more than him.

Now, if you could trade DCab and get more for him than we think and you still trade Miggy and BRob and perhaps a guy like Walker who could net a top guy, maybe at that point I am willing to keep Bedard if he is willing to sign a reasonable extension.

But that is a lot of things that need to go right.

Nah...Trade him now.

We can get a ton for him and it is what is best for the long term future of the team.

Great pitcher...Hate to see him go but if you trade him, Miggy and BRob, you can get 7+ top prospects/young MLers and completely turn this franchise around in the matter of a few weeks.

That is an oppurtunity that we can't pass up IMO.

That easy huh? youd get rid of him that easy?

Well then let him go year to year till he is a FA and see.

Peace.....Bedard and his agent have to realize that he is only going to be getting 18 million total over the next two season. The Next 3 season at 20 million each is way to much. Bedard has to take risk into this situation. He never had a 200 ip season yet and only 15 wins(means nothing to us, but gms do use this in contracts)

Yes and I would say he is a top 10 pitcher.

But we need a lot more than him.

Now, if you could trade DCab and get more for him than we think and you still trade Miggy and BRob and perhaps a guy like Walker who could net a top guy, maybe at that point I am willing to keep Bedard if he is willing to sign a reasonable extension.

But that is a lot of things that need to go right.

So lets wait and see, and make Bedard our last trading option.

Archived