3. Dylan Bundy

4. Dan Klein

5. Robert Bundy

6. Ryan Berry

7. Trent Mummy

8. Brandon Snyder (still qualifies)

9. Tyler Townsend

10. Ryan Adams (still qualifies)

Some of you will probably still have Avery and Hoes in there, but I just don't see the upside. I would probably have them at 11 and 12 right now, but I don't see either one turning into an everyday major leaguer. I may be forgetting someone here, but I'll take performance over projection. Mummy has shown better plate discipline and base stealing skills at limited time in Delmarva and Frederick than I have seen combined out of Avery and Hoes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mummey and Snyder wouldn't be in my top 10, and Bobby would be over Klein for me, especially with the injury.

1. Manny Machado

2. Dylan Bundy

3. Jonathan Schoop

4. Bobby Bundy

5. Dan Klein

6. Xavier Avery

7. LJ Hoes

8. Ryan Berry

9. Ryan Adams

10. Matt Hobgood

Something like that for me, but I'm far from an expert.

1. Machado

2. D. Bundy

3. Schoop

4. Klein

5. B. Bundy

6. Avery

7. Townsend

8. Berry

9. Hoes

10. J. Bell

Josh Bell no longer qualifies as a prospect if I'm not mistaken. He lost his rookie status last year. Everyone still has Hoes and Avery in there, but I just don't see it. Neither guy has hit for any power. Neither can steal bases. Yes, I know Avery has piled up some steals, but his percentage has been horrible so I don't see that as a plus or translating well at the major league level. Both have shown ability to hit for average at times, but neither player has one thing that they do incredibly well. Hoes is also a below average fielder, who may have to be moved to LF where he would be nothing more than organizational depth. These guys were border line top ten guys going into the year and were only so high on our list because of our lack of depth as a system. Both have proven this year they belong outside of the top 10. In my opinion they will need to turn things around in a major way to be considered top prospects.

I agree with the opening post that Dylan Bundy should be #3 behind Machado and Schoop.

Why would you rate Schoop over Bundy?

The prospect list is still a cluster even half way through the season. There was a whole bunch of uncertainty after #2 and that still remains. Avery and Hoes take a step back, while Bobby Bundy, Schoop, and Klein take a step forward. At least we know what the top 5 is and I think everyone can agree on that, some combination of Machado, Bundy, Bundy, Schoop, and Klein. After that, it is anyone's guess.

Why would you rate Schoop over Bundy?

The prospect list is still a cluster even half way through the season. There was a whole bunch of uncertainty after #2 and that still remains. Avery and Hoes take a step back, while Bobby Bundy, Schoop, and Klein take a step forward. At least we know what the top 5 is and I think everyone can agree on that, some combination of Machado, Bundy, Bundy, Schoop, and Klein. After that, it is anyone's guess.

If Schoop can stay at SS I think based on his age and performance he's a top 50 MLB prospect right now. It's tough though to rank guys too high who haven't thrown a pitch or swung a bat yet in pro ball, much less a high school player. If Bundy (Dylan) was a college player that just got done dominating college players that is a completely different story. It is definitely debatable, but I don't think you can say Bundy is clearly above Schoop at this point. I'll always lean to what I have seen versus what we haven't seen yet, but that is just me

If Schoop can stay at SS I think based on his age and performance he's a top 50 MLB prospect right now. It's tough though to rank guys too high who haven't thrown a pitch or swung a bat yet in pro ball, much less a high school player. If Bundy (Dylan) was a college player that just got done dominating college players that is a completely different story. It is definitely debatable, but I don't think you can say Bundy is clearly above Schoop at this point. I'll always lean to what I have seen versus what we haven't seen yet, but that is just me

Schoop would have to have a heck of a year at Frederick and stay at SS for a chance at being ranked ahead of Bundy. Schoop will not be a top 100 prospect next year, Bundy will probably be right around top 50.

Schoop would have to have a heck of a year at Frederick and stay at SS for a chance at being ranked ahead of Bundy. Schoop will not be a top 100 prospect next year, Bundy will probably be right around top 50.

I don't see how won't be if he continues to hit the way he has. How many SS in all of minor league baseball are putting up numbers like that right now? I bet it's less than a handful. If he manages to put together a whole season where he hits over .300 with 20 or so homeruns everyone will take notice. It's very rare to see SS prospects do that in their first full professional season at that age.

Bundy should be comfortably ahead of Schoop and a hair behind Machado.

Our system still has another draft to go, but I am becoming more comfortable with where things stand.

I still think our system is better than it is given credit for.

Those of us concerned with finding a top quality prospect to replace Britton should be more comfortable once Bundy is signed.

I don't see how won't be if he continues to hit the way he has. How many SS in all of minor league baseball are putting up numbers like that right now? I bet it's less than a handful. If he manages to put together a whole season where he hits over .300 with 20 or so homeruns everyone will take notice. It's very rare to see SS prospects do that in their first full professional season at that age.

It's all about national recognition though. This is his breakout year, which will get him on the radar, but to really move up the list he'd have to do it again next year while they are all watching. Britton did the same thing, the amazing year he had in A ball got him on the radar, and then pitching well at Bowie got him up the list. Remember these lists are basically media recognition.

Mummey and Snyder wouldn't be in my top 10, and Bobby would be over Klein for me, especially with the injury.

1. Manny Machado

2. Dylan Bundy

3. Jonathan Schoop

4. Bobby Bundy

5. Dan Klein

6. Xavier Avery

7. LJ Hoes

8. Ryan Berry

9. Ryan Adams

10. Matt Hobgood

Something like that for me, but I'm far from an expert.

This one looks pretty close to me, at least right now. Bridwell is a sleeper pick. Hoes and Avery might fall some nationally. Not a huge Ryan Adams fan but he'll probably find a spot.

1) Machado - If he hits at a high rate and shows that he can continue to play SS, then he's potentially a top 10 prospect nationally.

2) Dylan Bundy - He'll have the best combination of stuff and command the moment he signs.

3) Schoop - It's hard not to be impressed with his play in his first full season.

4) Bobby Bundy - I think he's on the Zach Britton path to the majors. Solid GB numbers and things seem to be coming together.

5) Klein - I'm a little concerned about the shoulder, but when healthy he's been dominant.

6) Townsend - The guy can hit, but seems to be allergic to walks. Health is also a concern but I like his ability to hit for some power.

7) Avery - Inconsistent but has the tools. I'm not sure he'll ever be an everyday contributor in Baltimore.

8) Ryan Berry - Needs to get healthy but at the very least I think he'll be a solid bullpen guy, if not a back-end starter.

9) Schrader - He's been very good lately and I think he'll be a solid 7th/8th inning guy in the future.

10) Hobgood - If he can show a heavy FB in the low 90's later in the year, I think he finds a spot in the 7-10 range. I think this year is about proving health, whereas next year's success is more results driven.

There could be a lot of shuffling from 8-15 IMO, and the next few guys could be Hoes, Bridwell, Randy Henry, Ryan Adams, and Trent Mummey. Aaron Wirsch and Cam Coffey could make a jump, and if Michael Ohlman can keep his head above water at Delmarva he could be in the top 15 range. Also, a lot could change with the draft as we'll have a chance to grab some very good talent in the early rounds tomorrow.

Archived