Huff on Anita Marks today at 4

O no

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't have much of a problem with him saying it initially, because I knew it was out of context and just a poor choice of words at the time. I started having a problem with it when he tried to act like nobody should ever be offended by it.
What I don't understand is if you didn't have much of a problem with his remarks initially given context etc., then you should essentially agree with Huff in failing to understand why people are sooooo upset. Yet you feel he should make a big appology for something you don't have much of a problem with. I agree he is shooting himself in the foot, but so what. When Bonds uses the race card to question Babe Ruth's numbers, that's when I get bent out of joint.:D

What I don't understand is if you didn't have much of a problem with his remarks initially given context etc., then you should essentially agree with Huff in failing to understand why people are sooooo upset. Yet you feel he should make a big appology for something you don't have much of a problem with. I agree he is shooting himself in the foot, but so what. When Bonds uses the race card to question Babe Ruth's numbers, that's when I get bent out of joint.:D

Because I find it more insulting to tell a town they shouldn't get upset if they were insulted. In any way. Which is pretty much what he did.

Is that what he said? I didn't hear the Marks interview.

Basically, throughout the interview it was like "I'm sorry, that wasn't smart of me...but I don't understand in the slightest why people are upset." If you don't understand...you can't really be sorry. And to be honest, I'm more upset by the specific way he put stuff than anything else. Like I said before, he said stuff that made me want to say "you're from Texas, right? That's a horse **** state. How's that make you feel?" It's like he either has no comprehension about civic and local pride, which makes him a colossal moron, or he's obtusely ignoring it to shrug off the controversy, which makes him an asshole.

Basically, throughout the interview it was like "I'm sorry, that wasn't smart of me...but I don't understand in the slightest why people are upset." If you don't understand...you can't really be sorry. And to be honest, I'm more upset by the specific way he put stuff than anything else. Like I said before, he said stuff that made me want to say "you're from Texas, right? That's a horse **** state. How's that make you feel?" It's like he either has no comprehension about civic and local pride, which makes him a colossal moron, or he's obtusely ignoring it to shrug off the controversy, which makes him an asshole.

No question about this statement.:D But I have to agree with Huff. I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over it.

No question about this statement.:D But I have to agree with Huff. I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over it.

Easy as he called it a horse **** town. Just because I didn't care and realized it was out of context didn't mean I didn't think "whoa, bad choice of words." Extremely bad choice of words. That's way harsh, even for a slip of the tongue.

Then to basically say I'm sorry...but I'm not... That's just even more screwed up.

Archived