Report: Arod signs with the Yankees

letgoflyers5

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In his statement, Rodriguez referenced potential sacrifices -- which would include taking less money to account for the $21 million subsidary from the Rangers he cost them by opting out.

"I also understand that I had to respond to certain Yankees concerns, and I was receptive and understanding of that situation," Rodriguez said. "Cynthia and I have since spoken directly with the Steinbrenner family. During these healthy discussions, both sides were able to share honest feelings and hopes with one another, and we expect to continue this dialogue with the Yankees over the next few days."

The next big obstacle is the involvement of agent Scott Boras in potential negotiations.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-sparod1115,0,5938731.story?coll=ny_news_specials_promo

Not done yet

He just said it on Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN. He was asked on a scale of 1-100 what were the chances A-Rod would sign with the Yankees. His answer was "101" and then he said the 10-year, $257 deal.

Yeah, just tuned into WFAN and Mike and the Mad Dog are talking like it's a done deal.

They're also talking about how Johnny Damon was a sex symbol to every thirteen year old girl in Boston when he was w/ the Red Sox so I'm not really sure what is going on.

Archived