Report: Arod signs with the Yankees

letgoflyers5

It's like buying a house.... if you cut out the realtor you can pay less while the seller doesn't suffer.... from what I have read on MLBradeRumors.com the Steinbrenners are requiring ARod fire Boras and work with them directly.... in theory... not sure what Boras' cut is.... but he's likely not getting it...

Now THAT would be news!:eek:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's like buying a house.... if you cut out the realtor you can pay less while the seller doesn't suffer.... from what I have read on MLBradeRumors.com the Steinbrenners are requiring ARod fire Boras and work with them directly.... in theory... not sure what Boras' cut is.... but he's likely not getting it...

I'm pretty sure Boras will get his cut for the work he's done. There's no way he doesn't protect himself.

Because in no way does it make the Orioles stronger or the Yankees weaker, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

The Yanks are showing they still will sign crazy contracts even with George out of the picture....

Looks like they are spending George's money though.

Because in no way does it make the Orioles stronger or the Yankees weaker, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

The Yanks are showing they still will sign crazy contracts even with George out of the picture....

Sure I understand that but it also means we have a open road to start making our team better. The Yankees are the Yankees they will always have the money to spend. Who cares? I think they are probably creating a mess with giving all their FA big deals. I hope it ends up burning them. I am more interested in getting young and getting better. I don't care what the Yankee's have or don't have.

I see your point from a competitive point of view; I took the original question in regards to us trading of Miggy.

Sure I understand that but it also means we have a open road to start making our team better. The Yankees are the Yankees they will always have the money to spend. Who cares? I think they are probably creating a mess with giving all their FA big deals. I hope it ends up burning them. I am more interested in getting young and getting better. I don't care what the Yankee's have or don't have.

Agreed!!! The Yanks are the Yanks and don't you know that the Ole' man is still running the show.

1st time poster. The Orioles probably won't be competitive for the next 2 yrs. if the overhaul is done. This means all the high priced older vets. the yankees are signing now, will be that much older, and hopefully untradable, which will hurt the yanks. The fact that A-Rod is off the market, sould mean better prospects coming back in a Tejada trade. Buy the time our new Better prospects are hitting their prime, hopefully the yanks and sox are in a decline. Its got to be better than settling for lessor prospects.

A couple things:

- ARod, the best player remains in the AL East.

- Could open up options for one or two more teams to bid

on Tejada (Dodgers, Giants, or Angels).

Short term:

Will allow us to get maybe a little more for Tejada, which allows us to get younger.

But Yankees still stay strong offensively without having to trade the future for MCab or whoever. One thing we know, Yankees will always have money. Will this put them closer to hitting that money ceiling? Doesn't seem like they have one with new stadium coming around.

Long term:

Going to have to face a strong yankees line up with those young players available to plug in for other deals (Johan).

Maybe ARod will become a albatros with that big contract ala Jason Giambi? But how badly has that hurt them?

Bad.

Since the beginning of this season, I was hoping for ARod to leave because I thought the upheaval would make our guys more valuable. NYY was still going to be a contender even without him plus any team he went to would get stronger. The Yanks would have had to make a move to replace ARod and whatever division ARod went to, would probably cause the division rivals of that team to make corresponding moves. Him staying put would probably allow more teams to be satisfied with their present rosters, I think.

This is astounding if true. It means that Rodriguez went behind the back of his agent to do it, a huge smack in the face to Boras.

If the number is accurate, it means that he is accepting $93 MM less than the Yankees claimed to have on the table two weeks ago. (Nice job of negotiating, A-Rod). Things must have looked really desperate when Boras and A-Rod actually tested the waters.

I would love to see the contract between Boras and Rodriguez. There may be a question of whether ARod even retained the right to make a deal on his own.

And what would this mean to Boras's fee? Will he even get his percentage? Even if he does, it will be millions less that he would have had a reason to expect.

I could even see Boras and A-Rod fighting it out in court.

The Yankees do not come out looking entirely sweet on this. Counting Rivera and Posada they would be committing $350 MM without having improved themselves one iota from the last game they played. No way they do both the Posada and Rivera deals if they know that A-Rod is coming back.

However Boras is unquestionably the big loser in this one.

Wow.

Archived