Report: Arod signs with the Yankees

letgoflyers5

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If A-Rod signs with the Yankees I will be very disappointed.

I was certainly looking for a more competative balance in the AL east without him around.

Got to love how the Yankees are buckling on this one.

I DO like how the Yankees are buckling, but also ARod and Boras must have realized they weren't gonna get more than the $25/year offered by the Yankees anyways. This, added to the ridiculous Posada and Rivera deals, makes it that much more clear that no matter what we may think, the Yankees will NEVER have to go into a rebuilding stage. They will buy whoever they want, whenever they want, and that is that. Add that to the young pitching they have coming up, and I am reminded of a certain Clark W. Griswald rant that is unpostable on this family friendly site! Now, more than ever, MacPhail and the Orioles need to rebuild from the minors up and forget about the quick fixes of free agency. Trade 'em all! Blow it up!

Heres your source

This Alex Rodriguez plot keeps getting thicker and thicker. John Sterling was just on WFAN's Mike and the Mad Dog radio program and the longtime Yankee broadcaster said that A-Rod is going to be back with the Yankees in 2008. He called it a done deal. Sterling isn't known for breaking stories but he is fairly plugged into the Yankee brass, as evidenced by his continued employment despite a lack of baseball knowledge. He wouldn't be going public with that information unless someone was giving him the nudge to do so.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/14/its-starting-to-look-like-more-pinstripes-in-alex-rodriguezs-f/

If indeed this is true, then it is great news for us. ARod had to be settled for any trades to go down. I predict things will really getting moving IF ARod signs with the Yankees. Btw....I love a Boras plan that backfires. You have to wonder if he will change the way he plays the game. (Boras that is.)

If indeed this is true, then it is great news for us. ARod had to be settled for any trades to go down. I predict things will really getting moving IF ARod signs with the Yankees. Btw....I love a Boras plan that backfires. You have to wonder if he will change the way he plays the game. (Boras that is.)

He's got plenty of clients to run the prices up on he doesn't need A-Rod.

How anyone would think this is good for the Orioles is mind boggling.

It's like buying a house.... if you cut out the realtor you can pay less while the seller doesn't suffer.... from what I have read on MLBradeRumors.com the Steinbrenners are requiring ARod fire Boras and work with them directly.... in theory... not sure what Boras' cut is.... but he's likely not getting it...

If true, I always love to see the Yanks pay a bundle each year and hope the spend another 40 mill on FA's this year, just to get beat year in and year out and not make the WS or lose in the WS. It plays second fiddle to us not making the post season.

It's easy, it's called supply and demand... the supply just went down... that leaves CHiCubs, LAA, LAD, Phillies, now still looking with only Miggy and MCab (Rolen I suppose is an expensive option) left....

Wow, if A-Rod wanted to stay with the Yankees, then he was a moron for opting out in the first place. The Rangers had better send Boras a very nice Christmas card or something.

If the numbers Sterling is quoting are real, then he's still getting a raise, plus costing the Yankees a buttload of money. It hurts the Yankees, not A-Rod.

BTW, I doubt he signs for that little.

The only good thing is that it opens up the market for Tejada like a steamed oyster.

It is bad for the Orioles, and baseball, because it reinforces the notion that the Yankees can do whatever they want without any real restrictions; FA prices will continue to go through the stratosphere, A-Rod maybe having to take a pay cut to go elsewhere might have had an interesting effect around the game; and the Yankees offense and team in general will be just as strong as it was last year.

Wooo AL east baseball!

Archived