8/12/11 - Detroit @ Baltimore

nevadaO

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, Simon. good enough that inning. Almsot had an inning-ending double play, but you got the next batter on the first pitch. Let's go, offense.

The offense will get going in the sixth or seventh when Penny is running out of gas but the manager keeps him in for one last chance. He'll blow it and we'll get a HR or an RBI double or something. That's usually what happens. We don't often do much while the opposing pitcher is in their groove. Both pitchers have settled in.

Vladdy needs to take more pitches. When you're up 2-0, you can at least make the pitcher throw three more pitches, but he'll probably trend to at least a full count. Just sit back and let the pitcher dig themselves a grave.

If you're JJ Hardy, you can swing at any ball that looks good. But if you're a veteran getting ready to retire, you stand up there and let the pitcher put you on base, or strike you out; however they please. Either way it'll take them more pitches to K or walk you than it'd take for you to hack at a weak ground out.

C.C. Sabathia gave up 3 home runs in one inning at Yankee Stadium. All solo shots. 3-1, D-Rays. :)

I'd have loved to have seen the looks on Yankee fans faces and hear the wailing of their spoiled announcers as their ace starter tosses meatballs. Too bad the first one wasn't a grand slam. I hope he loses that game.

Damn it. No matter what happened yesterday, every game is a fresh start, and we have just as much chance to win as our opponent. I guess that's why we all keep watching, no matter how much the Orioles lose.

I keep watching because I'm brainwashed. :laughlol: My parents and grandparents were Orioles fans. I have to take after them.

I keep watching because I'm brainwashed. :laughlol:

My parents and grandparents were Orioles fans. I have to take after them.

Believe it or not, when I was 6 years-old in October of 1971, I became the first Oriole fan ever in my family. My mother was a life-long Yankee fan. She used to go to the games at the old Yankee Stadium all the time. Her favorite player was Jerry Coleman, and she even managed to get Joe DiMaggio's autograph in the subway one day ......... until October of 1978. She saw that I was crying when the Yankees were beating the Dodgers again in the World Series, and she told me, "Patrick, next year, I am going to become a Baltimore Oriole fan, and I promise you, they will win the World Series." Well, they won the division, they won the pennant, and made it all the way to Game Seven of the World Series before bowing to the Pirates. She was off by one game in her promise. She remained an Oriole fan for the rest of her life until she died in 1984 ...... but the last team to win the World Series when she was still alive was ....... the Baltimore Orioles. ;)

Archived