vs. D-RAYS 9/2

OFFNY

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok.....not to nitpick because Andino just made a beautiful play. But I've seen this before. Why is it that Andino wants to throw out runners by 30 feet? He really rushes himself on throws where there is no reason to.

When he caught the ball on that play, he was flat on his stomach. He may have instinctively thought that he didn't have a lot of time because of that. When an infielder goes on his knees, or especially flat on his stomach to snare a ground ball, it always takes a little longer to complete the play ....... even though that particular play was a lined hot-shot, and he actually did have plenty of time.

When he caught the ball on that play, he was flat on his stomach. He may have instinctively thought that he didn't have a lot of time because of that. When an infielder goes on his knees, or especially flat on his stomach to snare a ground ball, it always takes a little longer to complete the play ....... even though it was a lined hot-shot, and he actually did plenty of time.

Ok. I think it's worth watching though. I don't remember the game, but he recently made an errant throw to 1st because he was absolutely gunning it...though the runner was going to be out by a mile and a half. It seems like he's trying to show off his arm. He does have a very strong arm and has good instincts....I'd just like to see him not take unnecessary chances.

Archived