Heyman: Orioles current favorite to land Fielder

BaltimoreTerp

Anybody remember this?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/10/17/heyman.yankees/index.html

Heyman was dead on there as he's well connected to the Yankees and Boras. Perhaps Boras wants Fielder in Baltimore to help Wieters' value...

Way to go out on the limb and predict the Yanks to sign the most expensive players. Wow, really tough one there.

BTW, if he is right about this, why isn't he right about PA?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody remember this?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/10/17/heyman.yankees/index.html

Heyman was dead on there as he's well connected to the Yankees and Boras. Perhaps Boras wants Fielder in Baltimore to help Wieters' value...

Yes, he accurately predicted that the Yankees would go after CC Sabathia, him and the rest of the baseball-watching planet.

Look, I'm not saying there is no chance that the Orioles will sign Fielder, they've signed big name guys in the past like Tejada.

However, there hasn't been one instance in the last decade where the Orioles successfully won a bidding war. They usually make an offer, get outbid, and move on to whatever is left on the scrap heap. Until I see different I am not expecting anything to change. You should take a similar approach if you want to avoid being heart-broken again.

Yes, he accurately predicted that the Yankees would go after CC Sabathia, him and the rest of the baseball-watching planet.

Look, I'm not saying there is no chance that the Orioles will sign Fielder, they've signed big name guys in the past like Tejada.

However, there hasn't been one instance in the last decade where the Orioles successfully won a bidding war. They usually make an offer, get outbid, and move on to whatever is left on the scrap heap. Until I see different I am not expecting anything to change. You should take a similar approach if you want to avoid being heart-broken again.

And even if they did sign Fielder, they aren't really going to do too much more besides that and they will still be miles away from a contending team.

And even if they did sign Fielder, they aren't really going to do too much more besides that and they will still be miles away from a contending team.

Again how do you know? Perhaps Peter Angelos shocks the world and signs Fielder, Darvish and others and boosts the payroll because he wants to see a winning team before he's gone.

Is it likely, perhaps not, but you have no idea what this team will do this offseason unless you have some inside source you'd care to reveal...

Again how do you know? Perhaps Peter Angelos shocks the world and signs Fielder, Darvish and others and boosts the payroll because he wants to see a winning team before he's gone.

Is it likely, perhaps not, but you have no idea what this team will do this offseason unless you have some inside source you'd care to reveal...

We also may sign Pujols, trade Andino for Justin Upton and get Verlander off of waivers.

I don't know that those things won't happen but I have a pretty good feeling that I am right in saying they won't.

We also may sign Pujols, trade Andino for Justin Upton and get Verlander off of waivers.

I don't know that those things won't happen but I have a pretty good feeling that I am right in saying they won't.

I wouldn't count out Pujols either BTW. I think we are in for a shocking (in a good way) offseason...

Again, these are ideas of yours in your head that aren't grounded in any sort of reality. Of course nobody here knows what is going to happen this off-season, but it's easy to predict the future when you have years and years of history repeating itself.

Who knows? Maybe the Red Sox choke and say "screw it we're blowing it up" and trade us Dustin Pedroia. That would solve our 2B problem.

Well if we're going to play that game then maybe Angelos will sign Pujols this offseason and trade for Verlander and set up a state of the art facility in the Dominican... is it likely? Perhaps not.

How much has been Angelos and how much has been MacPhail the past 4 years?

We know about Angelos was the problem all the way until MacPhail took over, however not much is known about PGA's role during the MacPhail era. Yet he's an easy target because of the continued losing. Rather than accuse MacPhail, most want to just point fingers at Angelos without a ton of evidence.

We'll find out just who was holding the club back this offseason...

Who has the ability to fire such a crappy GM this entire time? And why didn't he?

You keep clinging to Angelos because back when Clinton was president, he spent a bunch of money. That's like me COMPLETELY IGNORING Whitney Houston's crack binge for the past decade or so and thinking she's a great singer, still.

I know you'll ignore this or spin it in some way, so it's useless. But still, you cannot answer this question in any other way other than this being Angelos' fault as well: Who had the ability to fire such an awful GM like MacPhail and why didn't he?

Who has the ability to fire such a crappy GM this entire time? And why didn't he?

You keep clinging to Angelos because back when Clinton was president, he spent a bunch of money. That's like me COMPLETELY IGNORING Whitney Houston's crack binge for the past decade or so and thinking she's a great singer, still.

I know you'll ignore this or spin it in some way, so it's useless. But still, you cannot answer this question in any other way other than this being Angelos' fault as well: Who had the ability to fire such an awful GM like MacPhail and why didn't he?

And this isn't even true.

The one thing helping the Fielder to the O's case is that neither the Red Sox or Yankees need a 1B. That doesn't change the fact that there are still several teams that will be in on him that are more attractive destinations.

Unless PA makes clearly the highest offer, which he won't, Prince ain't coming here. Why would he?

Archived