We are all pissed and rightfully so...What can the Orioles do this offseason to change that?

Sports Guy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, there is a small portion of this place that isn't angry right now. They're the ones who don't think Angelos was to blame for LaCava or Dipoto. A few of them even hold out hope for big changes this offseason. There is a name for that, but it's against board rules. ;)

Can I say useful idiots, or is the "i" word a no-no?

I've already been at the point of accepting the team will not be good with Angelos as owner. 2011 was the least interesting season for me as a baseball fan.

LaCava I think would have been a good hire, but the GM is pretty irrelevant. Nothing short of Angelos selling the team will get me excited for the future.

Fielder and/or Wilson. Show a major commitment to winning now.

They've got to make a splash this offseason regardless of the GM.

Slow and steady won't cut it anymore, so the O's need to be fast and furious otherwise that will be exactly how their fanbase will erode.

Before, you have said that they need to do a lot more than just sign Fielder. Now, you are saying him OR Wilson?

Fielder and/or Wilson. Show a major commitment to winning now.

They've got to make a splash this offseason regardless of the GM.

Slow and steady won't cut it anymore, so the O's need to be fast and furious otherwise that will be exactly how their fanbase will erode.

Can you even imagine someone deciding to come to Baltimore now? Think about the conversation with Buck, trying to explain how he's the manager, but he's acting as the GM, and it doesn't matter that the front office is in utter turmoil, and people who've seen the inside come out scarred and terrified. Oh, and sure, we lost 90+ games for like the 14th straight year, but believe me, it's all turned around now. We don't need an appropriate chain of command, or an organizational strategy, we've got 3 nuggets and an owner who (trust me on this) ain't half has nutso as you've been led to believe...

You'd have to have some serious problems to even consider coming here.

Three things would make me happy.

1. Hire a GM and allow him to have complete control of the organization. Top to bottom restructuring of the organization...or...

2. Peter Angelos sells the team...or...

3. The Orioles sign Albert Pujols.

That's pretty much it. Other than one of these three things happening, I can't see my opinion of this organization changing much in the near future.

This GM search, has been an embarrassment to our Organization and to our fans. The Orioles completely let their fan base down, and really crushed our hope and expectations of the team. The fact that they cant land an executive to be our GM, its like, what makes them think we can land a big free agent, if we get denied by LaCava and Dipoto?

Bottom line, LaCava could have done a superb job, but PA once again got too involved and pushed him away. This team needs to win games, and now Buck Showalter is really seeing Baltimore for the S***hole that it really is. PA needs to go, so we can get the show on the road.

They don't care...or I guess I should say PA doesn't care.

All of the National reporters are saying what a joke this search has been. I would love for them to bring us into it. Go on the Live MLBN Hot Stove show and discuss how even the die hard fans are disgusted with Peter Angelos and his shenanigans. He is a disgrace and the ass in the Commissioner's office is even worse for turning a blind eye and not intervening on what PA has done to this Franchise.

Before, you have said that they need to do a lot more than just sign Fielder. Now, you are saying him OR Wilson?

Read the second sentence. Fielder is as close to a must but they could also sign Pujols, trade for Votto etc.

If not Wilson than Darvish or trading for a TOR.

Basically I want to see some headline moves. Something that will shock everybody and move this franchise toward the playoffs in a huge way.

Cuddyer isn't going to cut it.

Read the second sentence. Fielder is as close to a must but they could also sign Pujols, trade for Votto etc.

If not Wilson than Darvish or trading for a TOR.

Basically I want to see some headline moves. Something that will shock everybody and move this franchise toward the playoffs in a huge way.

Cuddyer isn't going to cut it.

We could get Fielder and Wilson and this team is still not even close to being a playoff team.

Archived