Rosenthal: Duquette to interview Friday

Birds of B'more

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan Duquette is not Jim Duquette.

Daniel F. Duquette (born 1958) is a front-office executive with over 25 years in Major League Baseball and was a founding member of the 2007 Israel Baseball League. Duquette was the general manager of the Montreal Expos from September 1991 through January 1994 and for the Boston Red Sox from 1994 through March 2002. He was dismissed from his general manager post in 2002 when John W. Henry bought the team from the JRY Trust, headed by John Harrington.

Dan Duquette oversaw quick turnarounds during his tenure as GM of the Expos and Red Sox, expanding fan interest in both markets. As farm system director of the Expos from 1987 to 1991, Duquette helped build the player development operations.

Daniel F. Duquette (born 1958) is a front-office executive with over 25 years in Major League Baseball and was a founding member of the 2007 Israel Baseball League. Duquette was the general manager of the Montreal Expos from September 1991 through January 1994 and for the Boston Red Sox from 1994 through March 2002. He was dismissed from his general manager post in 2002 when John W. Henry bought the team from the JRY Trust, headed by John Harrington.

Dan Duquette oversaw quick turnarounds during his tenure as GM of the Expos and Red Sox, expanding fan interest in both markets. As farm system director of the Expos from 1987 to 1991, Duquette helped build the player development operations.

I think I was reading a piece on MLBTR on Epstein and they were analyzing his pitching deals. And then they looked at the WS teams and alot of that was Duquette's doing I think?

So maybe he isn't a bad option for an interview? Any thoughts?

I think I was reading a piece on MLBTR on Epstein and they were analyzing his pitching deals. And then they looked at the WS teams and alot of that was Duquette's doing I think?

He is ok by me. I think we are actually thinking bigger at this point. Watson is no longer under consideration.

It's been so long I can't remember, but I thought the biggest knock on Duquette (Dan) from his tenure in Boston was letting Clemens go under the assumption that his best days were behind him. And who knows, if it weren't for PEDs, Duquette may have been right. Still, this just reeks of a re-tread.

I think we have found our guy. He's got enough on the resume to sell it to the public and DD is probably desparate enough to get back into the game that he'd take the job, warts and all.

Archived