Rosenthal: Duquette to interview Friday

Birds of B'more

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was he responsible for alot of that young Expos talent that they couldn't sign to long term deals?

From Wikipedia:

In 1987 he became Montreal's director of player development. In his three years in that role' date=' the Expos drafted Marquis Grissom, Cliff Floyd and Rondell White and signed Vladimir Guerrero, Javier Vasquez, Orlando Cabrera and many other major leaguers.[/quote']

And there is the aforementioned trade with the Dodgers for Pedro.

Duquette's wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Duquette

Interesting that he is only 53 despite being away from MLB for quite some time. There is some interesting info on the wiki page in regards to scouting & development. He's also been quite involved in business ventures. I'm not sure he would be my first choice (and he's certainly not the O's) but this might not be a total disaster.

Was he responsible for alot of that young Expos talent that they couldn't sign to long term deals?

That's why you pair a guy like him with Klentak who is great with the contract negotiations.

I've heard rumors before that Duq was being blackballed or something though. I have NO idea what for (as that stuff tends to stay pretty secret). I mean don't you think SOMEONE would have called by now?

Wow, that one came out of nowhere. What does Dan Duquette do these days? He hasn't been in major league baseball since 2002.

Right on.

Q: When was the last time Dan Duquette was part of winning organization?

A: More than a decade friend.

Retread is a gross understatement.....moving on.

Exactly. Never know, maybe the Duquette / Showalter duo can prove to be pretty effective.

I know, time to wake up.

I feel like we are trapped in that episode of the Simpsons where Bart keeps getting shocked when he reaches for the cupcake. One day we are going to find out that MLB is secretly running an experiment "Are Orioles Fans Smarter Than A Hamster?"

Well currently the homepage of Dan Duquette's Sports Academy for teenage boys has this image up...

slide2.jpg

So, I'm guessing he won't be bringing any of his top talent evaluators along with him. So the idea of not losing the sacred cows probably appeals a great deal to Angelos.

Edit: Actually the two in the front of this other pic below from his academy's homepage may be those talent evaluators that replace the Stockstills. So that may be a sticking point.

newslide5.jpg

Archived