Rosenthal: Duquette to interview Friday

Birds of B'more

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recent video on Duquette from a NESN interview on Red Sox and Theo Epstein's departure. Says all the right things, has a presence and strong opinions. Duquette's either doing this because he always wanted to meet Peter Angelos or he is thinking about his own legacy, attracted by the idea of competing again in the AL East and has determined he can work around all of the "issues." He can't possibly be agreeing to an interview not fully aware of Angelos and the current organization rep.

The more I think about this, the more it doesn't seem like a bad move. Duquette seems to have gotten a bit of a bad rap because of Clemens. His moves now look much better than they did at the time he made them. I also like that head the guts to cut ties with Clemens.

Sorry but Duquette just feels a little to much like throwing up then turning around and eating it.

Its ok though because this whole GM search is now an official circus much like everything else about the organization. I have a hard time recalling another organization that does more to embarrass itself and diminish their brand than the Orioles do. Its so ridiculous its not funny. Getting turned down by a freaking BLUE JAYS assistant GM ....really ???? Its sad because there was a time when this would have been a much sought after position (Orioles GM). If this team actually hires Stockstill as the GM then the last of the lemmings will have officially run off the cliff.

Archived